Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice on Ultralight tents (Seek Outside, Z packs, Hyperlite Mountain

Re: Advice on Ultralight tents (Seek Outside, Z packs, Hyperlite Mountain

I kind of feel the same way. I’ve been hunting sheep every year since 2003 and I’ve experienced enough bad weather to know that tent selection is not the place I want to cut corners. I own and have used floorless tipi, hilleberg Nallo, tarptent, Sierra designs, 3 and 4 season, and the one we trust the most is Hilleberg. We’ve actually had a hilleberg pole snap in a brutal storm one year. My tipi would never have stood up to that.
    If I’m going to be mostly camping lower in the valleys, then my tipi with Tigoat stove combo is awesome and lighter than our hilleberg. But I wouldn't feel comfortable using it up high with more exposure.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 07-21-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    A PISS bottle is quite acceptable ! - PISSING just out of your sleeping bag in your tent is PURE Laziness and GROSS ! jmo RJ
    Assess the ground first obviously but usually the liquid soaks in and disappears quickly.
    Do it on the edge of a 8'x10' tipi under your ground cloth, no problemo.

I got the Sky air ULT from Stone glacier and so far i love it, super light under 1lb and i stayed dry while hiking the golden hinde with 2 nights of rain. i have the bug mesh and vestibule on it.