Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 reviews wanted

Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 reviews wanted

I've used the search function and YouTube doesnt have very many either.
    Does anyone have this pack and can give me your review or opinion on it.
    Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Stone Glacier Sky Talus 6900 reviews wanted

There is a pile of reviews from verified buyers in the SG site. I bought one last year. I will say it is the most comfortable and functional pack I’ve owned. I’ve tried a lot of different high end bags over the years including MR, Kuiu etc. and the SG blows them away. From fit to functionality, it is everything I want in an expedition pack.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

There is a review on rokslide as well. I picked one up a month ago, so haven't run it through the gauntlet yet. I have thrown some gear in it and really like the layout though. Hopefully I can give a proper review of it this fall once it goes on a float plane ride.

I have the Sky Talus 6900 and really like it. Used it on a mountain caribou trip and packed 60 lbs of gear including rifle and the pack fit well and was comfortable. There are lots of good accessories: I have the rain cover, gun bearer, hip belt pouches, water bottle pocket and organizational pockets that attach inside the main pocket. The pack held a lot of gear and handled it well. I live 10 minutes south of Duncan if you are down this way you are welcome to try it on.

It's great. Packed out many critters with it. No complaints other than the rifle sling strap almost cut right through the bottom of the shoulder strap. That would have sucked had I not noticed it and stitched it up. Other than that and ripping some of the stitches on the lid strap ( yanking on it pretty hard over some horns) it's been a solid pack. Super comfy and light.

I picked one up last spring. Used it a lot since then spring bear, camping with the family, day fishing trips, summer multi day backpacking, 2 weeks for sheep and elk in the mountains as well as many days after deer through the fall. I really like how small it can get when the lid is removed and it’s cinched down. I even used it late season when hiking into a blind with my bow. I was able to tetris 8 days of food and all my gear including a large spotter and tripod into the pack when sheep hunting, which was possible but a challenge. When I had 8 days of food on me during the sheep hunt I regretted getting the 6900 and wished I got the 7900 skyguide. Once I had stashed/eaten some food, it was fine. The construction and materials are top notch. I went with the hydro lid, swing out pockets, internal bladder pouch, hip belt, gun holster and rain cover which all worked well. The webbing keepers were a pain in the butt, I’d either go without or buy kuiu. I went to the Kamloops sheep show and tried to win one with raffles, and the obstacle course race - no dice. I ended up ordering one online, after seeing them at the show and know what I was getting into, it wasn’t hard to pull the trigger.

I do not have the SG 6900 but I do have the sky 5900 and I love it very well-made very light

Quote Originally Posted by sako79 View Post
    I do not have the SG 6900 but I do have the sky 5900 and I love it very well-made very light
    I have the same one. It's been fantastic and incredibly lightweight.

I dont think you will be disappointed. If you have the budget just go for it.

I also have the Talus 6900 on the Krux frame because I bought it right when the bag came out in 2017 but just prior to the x curve frame being available. I really like the bag and frame and don’t really have any negatives to share. It’s been on three stone sheep trips with me and has performed as expected. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. They are pricey but “buy once, cry once” and don’t look back.

I had a 6900 before and really liked it. Have a 5900 now and with the load shelf it is plenty big enough for me for 10 days. I think SG bags are the best designed packs on the market. For how light they are, they are very comfortable and durable. Best thing i found for the webbing keepers is the velcro style that MR or Kifaru use. The SG rubber ones are a pain like mentioned