Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New fixed blade?

Re: New fixed blade?

There are plenty of great Canadian makers out there to pick from. I personally go with grohmann knives when I'm buying for myself or gifts for others.”

I too use Grohmann Knives... for a working knife that will be used lots they have a clearance section on their web site that has “seconds” at 50% the value of first run... if have many of these and the imperfections are so miner one has to look hard to find it..usually a handle material not perfect...

You want it to hold an edge and be easy to sharpen.. cant have both lol. One of them your going to have to compromise. S30v is good compromise imho. Check out this a click on the types of steel your looking at it will give you a 1-10 rating on holding an edge, sharpening and toughness https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Best-Kn...el-Guide--3368
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Go on amazon and order some Mora's. Cheap, but good knives. Carbon or stainless to choose from with different blade thickness. Use mine for all sorts of different things without worrying about them. keep a Lansky diamond rod sharpener and you're good to go.

Frost knife's, cheap and stay sharp.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Its hard to beat a custom made knife and i have a couple but i really like benchmade. I dont have any of there fixed blades but love there folders. But with that said you can almost get a custom made knife for some of the benchmade prices. My go to hunting fixed blade is made by floyd ternier out of armstrong.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

I use all custom knives as they are craftsman built for not that much more.Have a couple alan warren out of portland drop point hunters and as r106 said s30v is agood general use steel.Have done a lot with these knives some keep them as drawer queens but I use them and they are tough.Ckeck out knives shipfree for some other customs.

Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 02-22-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I'd love to get a Benchmade bushcrafter 162

I have just gotten a clip point design with an olive micarta handle from Blacktail Custom Designs....my wife thought I was insane when I got all giddy as I was opening the package (like a kid at Christmas heheheh) ….then she said that I have completely lost it when I started running my thumb across the edge saying "can you hear the steel sing?" as I gently rubbed the razor sharp edge of the knife across the grain of my fingerprints

CRKT Mossback. It's a small, but very tough knife, comes with a synthetic sheath and mine ran about $70. Holds an edge very well and sharpens easily.

Things I have done with mine.
    Field dressed deer and bear
    Split ribcage
    Cut through spines
    Skinned animals
    Butchered animals
    I once even split the pelvis on a mid sized bear when I didn't have anything else.

The only real damage to the blade is the black coating has chipped where I used it as a screwdriver.