Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone out there hunting rabbits?

Anyone out there hunting rabbits?

Are any of you out there hunting rabbit these days? How’s it looking out there?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone out there hunting rabbits?

not great around Kamloops, at least not compared to the past several years - I'm figuring this winter is probably the low point in the cycle.
    However they are still out there and if you can find good habitat and a bit of a refuge population you can do okay.
    "The problem with internet quotes is it is very hard to determine their authenticity." --Abraham Lincoln

In region 2 I did ok, actually. No point of reference, though as I have only lived in the LM for a few years and only recently got into small game... So maybe my expectations are low. That said...I do have a few hares in my freezer/belly....

Hoping to get a drive in up some places soon, gunna take the .22 and see if i get lucky, will let you know how it goes
    ~Wes

rabbits in kamloops are on there secound year after bottom of cycle..when there top of cycle its insane see over a 100a night.i have seen more ruff grouse this week than rabbits as they recover faster.

What's everyone's strategy in the winter?? If I see them in the winter they're running 100'MPH by the time you see them, it's not like in August when they line the roads...

I have no luck shooting them in the winter either. The snare is pretty deadly though.

Awesome topic. Used to see a fair amount of rabbits on some of my old grouse roads in the Cariboo, but have never jumped so many while walking in the bush here in the Kamloops area. Loves me some surprise rabbit! Man they can startle a guy creeping for deer
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

I just made a set of ten snares and will be hitting the bush this weekend (whitehorse)! First time setting for hares. Went out last weekend with the pup and my 22 but only saw a ton of tracks.