Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

Re: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

Does anyone know the rational behind the FN wanting to ban hunting in those areas? Is it because the population numbers have plummeted? Does the ban include FN also?

Quote Originally Posted by Walksalot View Post
    Does anyone know the rational behind the FN wanting to ban hunting in those areas? Is it because the population numbers have plummeted? Does the ban include FN also?

It was in the news in July 2018.
    https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.co...-in-chilcotin/

Then there was this in September 2018.

https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...ban-1.23422970

I had a draw with two other guys in 5-15 and one of our guys dropped out because of this.

We never saw a FN person at all where we were hunting east of Barkerville.
    Last edited by MichelD; 02-16-2020 at 01:47 PM.

Why don't we give them the whole province and see how they fare? They would probably run it into the ground like Zimbabwe!

That would be a pretty good possibility!
    But no, they not gonna get it I can assure you.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

This was emailed to me, posted by a guy goes by the name of Wun Feather on facebook.
    I don't do facebook so I can't go there. I like his way of thinking.

This post is gonna hurt some feelings.
    I am good with that.
    I am totally tired of people who say stupid things like "Give us back our land".
    Like seriously.
    I like to look them in the eyes and say:
    "Ok. If you had your land back, what would you do with it?"
    I will wait for the answer.
    Have you ever taken the time to use google maps and look at the huge tracts of Federal land that are not being used for any purpose at all?
    No one is trapping any beavers on the land.
    No one is hunting wolves or coyotes, or any other fur bearing animal on that land.
    Very rarely do you ever see anyone hunting anymore.
    If we compare that land to the land owned by the Hutterite Colonies, you would shit yourself if you saw what they are doing on their land.
    They have hay and oats and barley and grain, and they run large herds of livestock and flocks of domestic geese and chickens.
    Well, ever since I was 18, I have owned my own home.
    Seriously!
    I bought my first mobile home in Fraser Lake BC and darn it all, it was mine.
    Nobody gave it to me.
    I never held my hand out for it like a pet monkey in a zoo.
    I earned it.
    And I have never, ever, EVER been without at least one house on land ever since that day.
    I guess you could say that I am the kind of Indian who just goes to work every day, and buys my own piece of land with the money I earn at my job.
    I have every single right that anyone else in Canada has.
    Oh.
    But because I am a status Indian, (I am non Treaty.) That means even though I am Status, I am not bound by any treaty agreements or obligations.
    I have WAY more rights than most Canadians.
    Firstly, I have the right to be free.
    I have the right to become educated if I want to.
    I have the right to freedom of speech, and I have the right to every single privilege that any other Canadian has.
    But that is not where it ends!
    I can hunt and fish and trap and do significantly more than all my non Indigenous friends do.
    No one has ever stopped me from trapping animals for subsistence on crown land.
    No one has ever stopped me from hunting for subsistence on crown land.
    No one has ever stopped me from gathering medicines, plants, fungi, berries or roots for traditional or ceremonial purposes.
    So if I can do all those things like my ancestors did before me, why would I want to have that land back??
    Isn't it actually already mine to use anyway??
    Only, unlike the land that I have bought for myself over the years, I do not have the burden of paying property taxes on the land where I harvest my moose.
    I just drive out there, walk a few miles along a river amongst the red willows, and when I see a bull moose, (I don't take cows because they make baby moose), I decide if it is the right one for the freezer.
    Here I am with a couple of wolves in this photo.
    I can use the meat, skin and tan the hide, and I can use the fur to make a nice blanket or for the top of my moccasins.
    Yep. I still have those too!
    You will never hear me say that you owe me any land.
    As Canadians you have already given me the most important things.
    And that is the freedom to carry on my Indigenous culture and traditions on Crown Land.
    I don't want my land back.
    I already have purchased my own, and I have the rest of the Canadian Boreal forest to do anything else I want to do.
    Thank you Canada.
    That is more than enough for me.
    Oh. Just one more thing.
    Thanks for not standing in my way when I go to work each day.
    That would really suck if you did that.
    And I promise not to stand in your way either.
    That's what us real Indians call "A GOOD TRADE"

Last edited by wildcatter; 02-16-2020 at 02:56 PM.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by MichelD View Post
    It was in the news in July 2018.
    https://www.columbiavalleypioneer.co...-in-chilcotin/

Then there was this in September 2018.

https://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...ban-1.23422970

I had a draw with two other guys in 5-15 and one of our guys dropped out because of this.

We never saw a FN person at all where we were hunting east of Barkerville.
    Thanks MichelD, muchly appreciated.

Without question the massive burn like the Elephant Hill fire destroyed a food supply for many species of animals but, it is short term pain for long term gain and if handled correctly the enhancement of habitat will end in a strong return of all animal species. I don't like the word "ban" because it screams "no more" and that can be a tough scenario to, once animal populations rebound, reverse.

Thumbs down Re: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    .... Glad to see you pulled yourself away from the bottle long enough to continue to illustrate you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.
    Two Words. You, with your obviously limited intellect, might be able to figure out just what they are...

And yeah, I REALLY mean that.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatter View Post
    And how do you know for certain that those so called "permanent campsites" were made by Indians?
    Just as Jagermeister said, could be Chinese, white people from the gold rush times, or early settlers.
    I was there with an archeologist who was examining and testing the site for exactly what Jagermeister had alluded to and the tests turned up more than enough evidence in the pits. The trees with CMTs along the trails were bored for aging and predated chinese, gold rush and early settler time of arrival.

Just an FYI, I normally just read the interesting hunting stories and don't make many comments, but when i see opportunity to shed some additional light on a subject so that we can all make more informed decisions or conclusions I will take that opportunity. IMO we should all be proud of the unique and rich history we have here in BC and not damn it to suit our purpose. Yes there are many issues to address and the government needs to get off their ass and figure it out so there is certainty for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    I was there with an archeologist who was examining and testing the site for exactly what Jagermeister had alluded to and the tests turned up more than enough evidence in the pits. The trees with CMTs along the trails were bored for aging and predated chinese, gold rush and early settler time of arrival.

Just an FYI, I normally just read the interesting hunting stories and don't make many comments, but when i see opportunity to shed some additional light on a subject so that we can all make more informed decisions or conclusions I will take that opportunity. IMO we should all be proud of the unique and rich history we have here in BC and not damn it to suit our purpose. Yes there are many issues to address and the government needs to get off their ass and figure it out so there is certainty for everyone.
    hmm dont drink..and I speak truth...however I call bullshit on your allegations..no way indians spent anytime in that area...no matter how bad ewe want it to be so..
    The crews that actually did the archeological scoutings found nothing ever..even knew the pilot who refused to fly in the indians wanting to salt certain areas..why salt if proof exists..
    Seriously ?
    Srupp