Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

Re: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

What is ironic about the area to the east of Quesnel is that there is a legendary taboo for Indians, Shuswap (Salish) and Carrier (Athapaskan/Dene) and no doubt the Chilcotin as well.
    The Indians around Quesnel and northward are Carriers while those to the south are Shuswap. Although these tribes were enemies, there were instances where they cooperated in waging war with the Chilcotin. One of the more notable battle grounds was west of Alexis Creek at a place referred to as Battle Canyon.
    The cursed area extends from just slightly east of Quesnel all the way out to the highlands east of Bowron Provincial Park, not sure where the latitude is. It is a self imposed no go zone. The legend was something to the effect that harm and mayhem will beset them beyond Dragon Lake. It primarily covers all FN in central BC.
    I believe the curse to be true as I witnessed an instance of bad luck to some locals early one morning on the north side of Dragon Lake. These were locals that were at the boat launch around 5 AM and drove off northward on Quesnel Hydraulic Road entering into the ditch east of Tatchell Road. The car popped out of the ditch at Tatchell sliding on it's roof for another 100' before ending up in the opposite side ditch and down a 20-30' embankment. I heard the car go by my place and I left for work about 20-25 minutes later. Emergency crews were there but no one seemed in too much of a hurry. In the 14 years that I lived there it was the only time that I knew of any locals to go to the east side of the lake.
    I read a compilation of David Thompson travels long while back and it did mention some Indians in 1808 on some islands on Spectacle Lake and the outflow area at Bowron Lake, but there are no further references in time after that of Indian occupation.
    The following will shed a little light on the subject.

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/librar...s/bib82628.pdf
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    What is ironic about the area to the east of Quesnel is that there is a legendary taboo for Indians, Shuswap (Salish) and Carrier (Athapaskan/Dene) and no doubt the Chilcotin as well.
    The Indians around Quesnel and northward are Carriers while those to the south are Shuswap. Although these tribes were enemies, there were instances where they cooperated in waging war with the Chilcotin. One of the more notable battle grounds was west of Alexis Creek at a place referred to as Battle Canyon.
    The cursed area extends from just slightly east of Quesnel all the way out to the highlands east of Bowron Provincial Park, not sure where the latitude is. It is a self imposed no go zone. The legend was something to the effect that harm and mayhem will beset them beyond Dragon Lake. It primarily covers all FN in central BC.
    I believe the curse to be true as I witnessed an instance of bad luck to some locals early one morning on the north side of Dragon Lake. These were locals that were at the boat launch around 5 AM and drove off northward on Quesnel Hydraulic Road entering into the ditch east of Tatchell Road. The car popped out of the ditch at Tatchell sliding on it's roof for another 100' before ending up in the opposite side ditch and down a 20-30' embankment. I heard the car go by my place and I left for work about 20-25 minutes later. Emergency crews were there but no one seemed in too much of a hurry. In the 14 years that I lived there it was the only time that I knew of any locals to go to the east side of the lake.
    I read a compilation of David Thompson travels long while back and it did mention some Indians in 1808 on some islands on Spectacle Lake and the outflow area at Bowron Lake, but there are no further references in time after that of Indian occupation.
    The following will shed a little light on the subject.

https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfd/librar...s/bib82628.pdf
    Jagermeister, if the above is your interpretation of the document you quote, we are in big trouble and largely explains the bs that is spewed on this forum!

We live in a clown world. One day we will have to take matters into our own hands and just hunt like the Indians do. Equality for all.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    Jagermeister, if the above is your interpretation of the document you quote, we are in big trouble and largely explains the bs that is spewed on this forum!
    Hammer puddlejumper..his information is accurate. Worked and have spent over 35 years in that area...no rezerves,no historic settlements of indian origin...no Indian written documentation. ..talking with local natives...no Indians were present in caribou highlands..quesnel lake..
    If YOU think it BS YOU move along..nothing to see here.
    Steven Rupp
    Williams Lake

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hammer puddlejumper..his information is accurate. Worked and have spent over 35 years in that area...no rezerves,no historic settlements of indian origin...no Indian written documentation. ..talking with local natives...no Indians were present in caribou highlands..quesnel lake..
    If YOU think it BS YOU move along..nothing to see here.
    Steven Rupp
    Williams Lake
    Odd, I've heard of people finding arrow heads along the shore of the north arm????

Hmm yes I am sure they have..lots of attempts to salt the area with historical artifacts..however you cant argue history.
    Travelled the area extensively. .lots of interactions with Shelly Nichols...who spent 45 years in the area..Betty Franks..over 40 years....neither had ever even heard of anything but indians did not travel in the area at all...no camps..no trails no sites...
    Its only important now when desiring complete closure of the area and ultimately claim the area for indian ownership.
    Cheers
    ��

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm yes I am sure they have..lots of attempts to salt the area with historical artifacts..however you cant argue history.
    Travelled the area extensively. .lots of interactions with Shelly Nichols...who spent 45 years in the area..Betty Franks..over 40 years....neither had ever even heard of anything but indians did not travel in the area at all...no camps..no trails no sites...
    Its only important now when desiring complete closure of the area and ultimately claim the area for indian ownership.
    Cheers
    ��
    SRUPP you did read the report didn't you? I have personally witnessed the remnants of permanent campsites around Quesnel Lake, trails leading east and CMT's. Glad to see you pulled yourself away from the bottle long enough to continue to illustrate you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.

SRUPP you did read the report didn't you? I have personally witnessed the remnants of permanent campsites around Quesnel Lake, trails leading east and CMT's. Glad to see you pulled yourself away from the bottle long enough to continue to illustrate you don't have a clue about what you are talking about.
    Since it has been over 200 years since the arrival of Europeans into central BC, it would be safe to say that those campsites, trails and CMTs that you have personally witnessed might just be the remnants of explorers, traders and miners and not from those that you think. It is always easy to assume all artifacts are FN but given the length of time since European arrival, it can only be case specific. A recent example of this was a burial found just to the east of Monte Creek/Hwy 1 junction. The result of Hwy 1 four lane improvement. The clamor was that these bones were of FN, but somehow a DNA profile was obtained and it was found to be the bones of a Chinese railroad worker and not that of First Nations. The next set a short distance to the east did not receive the DNA profiling because of some sacred bullshit. In other words, FN's are afraid that should a DNA test not show an Indian profile, their claim to be first would be in jeopardy.
    In light of the aforementioned, I am beginning to suspect that the historical writings of Thompson, Fraser, Mackenzie and other explorers is being subtly (in a clever and indirect way, in order to achieve something.) altered to create deceptive illusions from what they actually wrote.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Can we hunt poachers, I hear they taste like pork. Fried Green Tomatoes .

And how do you know for certain that those so called "permanent campsites" were made by Indians?
    Just as Jagermeister said, could be Chinese, white people from the gold rush times, or early settlers.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕