Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

Re: Do not hunt Moose areas declared

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    hmm dont drink..and I speak truth...however I call bullshit on your allegations..no way indians spent anytime in that area...no matter how bad ewe want it to be so..
    The crews that actually did the archeological scoutings found nothing ever..even knew the pilot who refused to fly in the indians wanting to salt certain areas..why salt if proof exists..
    Seriously ?
    Srupp
    Well I have been known to be wrong, so I apologize that I accused you of drinking, there must be a deeper explanation for your ignorance. There were no allegations, just fact and additional information as mentioned, based on a modern day eyewitness account. You can call it what you want, believe it or not, that is up to you and anyone else. But at the least you have more information to formulate your opinion.

There should be some old records, there were fur traders in what became our province long before Lewis and Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by puddlejumper View Post
    I was there with an archeologist who was examining and testing the site for exactly what Jagermeister had alluded to and the tests turned up more than enough evidence in the pits. The trees with CMTs along the trails were bored for aging and predated chinese, gold rush and early settler time of arrival.

Just an FYI, I normally just read the interesting hunting stories and don't make many comments, but when i see opportunity to shed some additional light on a subject so that we can all make more informed decisions or conclusions I will take that opportunity. IMO we should all be proud of the unique and rich history we have here in BC and not damn it to suit our purpose. Yes there are many issues to address and the government needs to get off their ass and figure it out so there is certainty for everyone.
    Still don't agree with you, archeology is a pretty vague science, certain things can be interpreted different
    ways, as many findings were dis proven, or not to be accurate.
    Just like they say they found clam shells on beaches on the coast, so what?
    There are lot's of places around the globe where early humans left certain evidence of human activities.
    On that token, should we relocate and give all that land back to descendants, by displacing people who live there now?
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Hmmm What to say about this divisive topic.

1) Society's have ebbed and flowed for longer than there have been records. The only ones now benefitting are the Lawyers representing the Aboriginal Industry. Some one needs to take this concept to court.
    2) SRupp - you and your drivel doesn't help. Take a trip to Cariboo Island and walk around. That place is a remarkable arch site. Weird, people used to live where there was lots of food??? Most areas that I hunt have certain amounts of evidence that previous humans used them. This DOES NOT mean that I believe one little bit in different rules for one society or another. Ironically I know where more arch sites are than the local FN do...... Perhaps it is because I am out there hiking around?????

Not sure what..."somebody lived there" has to do with it. One can't govern a province or Nation on "theories and concepts".
    Lets just let the FN in this province slip back to the stone age, mentally they are still there and haven't made any advancement whatsoever in that regard. People in this province have been abandoned by the government, sportsman and those who choose to live their lives on the land and enjoy the bounty of the land will be phucked.

Just have FN have their reserves and live there if they want no tax, otherwise get a job and pay your share, First Nations only to have their hand out constantly! Enough of this crap, get off the tiet and become a contributing person of society.. I can see civil unrest happening as the new Canadians don’t buy into this shiet.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Just have FN have their reserves and live there if they want no tax, otherwise get a job and pay your share, First Nations only to have their hand out constantly! Enough of this crap, get off the tiet and become a contributing person of society.. I can see civil unrest happening as the new Canadians don’t buy into this shiet.
    Being non-contributors in our society isn't exclusive to FNs, lots of human beings live on the dole, or welfare, or just stealing your stuff and re-selling. Who gives a flying poop what 'new Canadians' think, they of all people haven't paid their dues yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Since it has been over 200 years since the arrival of Europeans into central BC, it would be safe to say that those campsites, trails and CMTs that you have personally witnessed might just be the remnants of explorers, traders and miners and not from those that you think. It is always easy to assume all artifacts are FN but given the length of time since European arrival, it can only be case specific. A recent example of this was a burial found just to the east of Monte Creek/Hwy 1 junction. The result of Hwy 1 four lane improvement. The clamor was that these bones were of FN, but somehow a DNA profile was obtained and it was found to be the bones of a Chinese railroad worker and not that of First Nations. The next set a short distance to the east did not receive the DNA profiling because of some sacred bullshit. In other words, FN's are afraid that should a DNA test not show an Indian profile, their claim to be first would be in jeopardy.
    In light of the aforementioned, I am beginning to suspect that the historical writings of Thompson, Fraser, Mackenzie and other explorers is being subtly (in a clever and indirect way, in order to achieve something.) altered to create deceptive illusions from what they actually wrote.
    What difference would a 'claim to be first' make? Seriously, everyone knows FNs inhabited the america's pre contact, there were no european borders....and really for arguments sake, the bible says Adam and Eve were first.
    Last edited by HappyJack; 02-17-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    What difference would a 'claim to be first' make? Seriously, everyone knows FNs inhabited the america's pre contact, there were on european borders....and really for arguments sake, the bible says Adam and Eve were first.
    But this is the new Canada , what does the Muhammad + Quran say ?
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    But this is the new Canada , what does the Muhammad + Quran say ?
    I honestly have no idea, my early indoctrination was with mean catholic nuns and the bible. Spare the rod, spoil the child...and all that rot.