Thread: Pentax PF-80ED or Vortex Razor HD 27-60 85

Pentax PF-80ED or Vortex Razor HD 27-60 85

If you had the choice between the two, which one would you pick? Not helpful at this point to suggest another model, just interested in either one of these.

For the Pentax, I am looking at the Pentax SMC 8-24 eyepiece (delivering approx 20-60x with that scope)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Pentax PF-80ED or Vortex Razor HD 27-60 85

Even though u said “not helpful to suggest another model”. Leupold has a new scope coming out. Not sure if it’s available in Canada just yet, but people are using them in the States. I think it’s an sx4

I just bought the razor you’re looking at and it’s pretty nice. I can’t comment on the Pentax, other than the reviews I read that suggested it was heavy, but good quality glass. Like it was said in the bino thread, the vortex warranty is pretty nice when you’re thinking about stuffing a $2000plus piece of glass in your pack and you don’t have to worry about breaking it.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

I have the smaller 60 Pentax and the 8x24 lens as well as a fixed xw 20 lens. Performance is excellent no complaints . Accepts 1.25” lenses so lots of options .
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

I ran the ED65 for a bunch of years. In all honesty, it does 99% of what my swarovski 65hd will do.

compared it to a viper HD, which was no comparison. Iv never looked through a razor personally for comparison.