I was once a fool relying on my phone and a gps app. Went on a solo hunt for mule deer with the intentions on going to a spot I was familiar with. Got a bit mixed up with the side roads and ended up parking at a dead end in a different spot I had never been. Fired up my trusty app and headed off.

needless to say when it came time to work my way back to the truck it was no where to be found-couldn’t even find a road and the “gps” couldn’t guide me back to my dropped pin, for whatever reason it went bonkers. Could see nothing but Christmas trees and it was getting late in the day by now. The phone running the gps killed my battery and by the time I noticed it only had a few % left which lasted a solid one minute before it shut off lol

ended up getting to a vantage point and spotted the power line that I know crossed the main road at some point so headed for that, once again had no clue to follow left or right but guessed correct and eventually made it back. Totally wrong area, there are enough roads around that I wouldn’t have been screwed forever but it scared the crap out of me. Bought a garmin inreach after that adventure lol

long winded but don’t trust your phone/app