Thread: FFP vs SFP

FFP vs SFP

Hi Everyone

I've been thinking of taking advantage of the Bushnell sale taking place til the end of April.

I am torn between SFP and FFP. I am leaning towards FFP due to the MOA being consistent across all magnification, but have heard some reviews that under low power the reticle can be challenging to make out, especially under low light conditions.

Thoughts?

I do a mix of spot and stalk and open hunting with my Sako A7 270 WSM. Currently have a 3-9x40 Burris Fullfield II on it. I think it's time for an upgrade.

I have been looking at the Nitro Series with a 44obj, MOA.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: FFP vs SFP

If you are not dialing or using the reticle for ranging, the SFP will be fine.

FFP is desirable for using the reticle and dialing for distance.

FFP the reticle will stay the same size in relation to the target through the power range.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Bushnell FFP , reticle disappears at low mag, need illumination.
    FFP go mil, easier, better resale

It depends on the design of the FFP reticle. I have two Bushnell 3-12x44mm LRHS scopes, and the G2H reticle is very well designed. At very low power (3-4x) the fine inner part of the reticle becomes hard to use, which is ok because that’s not the power range that I’d be using if I wanted to use the reticle for holdovers or windholds. But at low power your left with a Heavy Duplex reticle that’s perfect for quickly bracketing the target on close shots, which is what I’d expect to be doing at that low power setting.
    Last edited by mod7rem; 04-16-2020 at 07:00 AM.