Thread: Swaro STS 65mm 25-50X - anyone in LML can let me look through?

Swaro STS 65mm 25-50X - anyone in LML can let me look through?

Wondering if anyone in the LML owns one of these that'd be willing to let me take a look through. Contemplating buying one but the hefty price tag has got me humming and hawwing over.

Thank you
    Justin

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swaro STS 65mm 25-50X - anyone in LML can let me look through?

Gonna be a tough sell I guess, especially right now. Don't know y no one has responded.

I have been looking at this system for a few years, and I already own the swaro EL range, so know the glass is top notch, but having a hard time to pay the price. Even after spending for the EL Range, go figure.
    I came across a screaming deal 2 weeks ago that I could not walk away from, demo model. While I have not had it out yet, as we are still under feet of snow in the north, I would say don't hesitate. Top notch glass seeing thru living room window, and between blinds, with no tripod, tripod purchase is next. Maybe shop for used, demo models tho, for some great savings.
    Maybe hit up a store in the LML and see them personally and then shop for used. That said most stores will be closed right now to walk in, maybe not cabellas, so that might need to wait a bit.

[QUOTE=jaybe14;2149497]Wondering if anyone in the LML owns one of these that'd be willing to let me take a look through. Contemplating buying one but the hefty price tag has got me humming and hawwing over.

Thank you
    Justin[/QUOTE

It's great glass. You won't be disappointed. I have the exact set up your interested in and have been using it for about three years now. No regrets. Call Omer at Precision Optics. Just do it.

I own and have used a lot of different swaro glass, if your question is "Is the quality worth the price?" then yes, I've honestly never met a person who owned swaro that answered that question differently. Also, although they don't have this big marketed warranty, I know some of their reps, and their customer service is second to absolutely no one.

All my friends own that line of glass you're looking at and love the glass, although they have the 20-60 power. I own the ATX model, which starts out at 25x and is supposed to be designed to have a wider FOV(Like that 25-50) eye piece and really do like having that field of view, its rare you use your spotter at 60x anyway, so I would think that 25-50 would be great!

Is there a reason you're leaning towards a straight over an angled? I'd assume since you want the bigger FOV it's because you'll be using it on open mountain landscapes, where I think a lot of people tend to be looking up at. Either way, you'll love it!
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF