Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recommend Hunting Boots

Re: Recommend Hunting Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Noreasny View Post
    Zamberlan tofane for me

Glad to see another person share this feeling !
    my zamberlan vioz GTX lasted me 5 years, two of which included heavy hunting and ice fishing use... warmed them too close to a fire to their demise..

picked up the Tofane which is a huge step up in quality and my oh my have I been pleasantly surprised.. they are amazing, they have been through hell and back hunting with me this last spring and fall hunt and are beyond comfortable.

Definitely heavier boots but quality.. I can see why stick leg men don’t like lugging them around forsure as there are lighter options.

Some great suggestions but where to buy. Do you guys buy online or are there stores around Langley? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    Some great suggestions but where to buy. Do you guys buy online or are there stores around Langley? Thx
    Check out VPO in Abby.

https://vpo.ca/stores/Abbotsford

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Check out VPO in Abby.

https://vpo.ca/stores/Abbotsford

Thanks - they have a great selection

How many guys hunt with muck boots? I love mine had them for years warm dry and comfortable. Not a sheep hunters boot obviously but great for moose and deer I have zero complaints about them
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Muck boots are awesome, If I’m out in the yard or going for a quick quad ride/hunt their my first choice.

For anything more serious I really like my miendel boots. The other boot that I really liked when I worked in the bush was the Scarpa manta m4’s enough so that I bought the same boots again when the first wore out.

About to pull the trigger on Vasque St. Elias full grain leather. They look pretty good for the price

I had a pair of Danner’s for about 8 years. Ok boots, gortex, but my feet absolutely froze. Even in early September sitting in blinds, my feet would freeze.
    Last year I bought a pair of Irish Setter Elk Trackers. Opted to forego the gortex and bought the straight leather version. I gotta say they are fantastic. Very warm, supple, water resistant. I recommend them to any one.

Quote Originally Posted by lakelander View Post
    About to pull the trigger on Vasque St. Elias full grain leather. They look pretty good for the price
    I bought a pair recently because I was pleased with my old Vasques from 10 years ago. The new ones don't seem like they will be as good. They seem thin and flimsy, not a lot of support. I question how long they will last, but still going strong after 3 months of hard use. That said, for the price they are a decent enough light hiking boot, I like them for light duty hikes and on trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Trav View Post
    I bought a pair recently because I was pleased with my old Vasques from 10 years ago. The new ones don't seem like they will be as good. They seem thin and flimsy, not a lot of support. I question how long they will last, but still going strong after 3 months of hard use. That said, for the price they are a decent enough light hiking boot, I like them for light duty hikes and on trails.
    They were on sale at Atmosphere for $179 so it was too good to pass up. I don't do heavy duty hikes so I think they'll be fine for me.