Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Hunting Boots

Re: Recommend Hunting Boots

Depending on the type of hunting I'm doing I'll wear anything from skate shoes to mountaineering boots. Meindls are good all around boot but if it's steep and crappy I'll wear my mountaineering boots,money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
    I wear Meindl Canada pros for hunting and consider them the best hunting boot money can buy, me. I wear Zamberland vios for hiking and walking the dogs. I have recommended both these boots to many people, it just depends on the budget. I suggest buying the best boot you can afford.
    X2 on the Meindl Canada Pro's, I'v had a pair of those for years, their great boots. I'v had a pair of Meindl Perfekts (not Cabela's Meindl Perfects) I'v had those boots for almost 40yrs, granted I don't use them that often but then again when I'm wearing a heavy pack those are the boots on my feet.

I really enjoy the Danner crater rim boots. Fully goretex with a vibram sole and extremely comfortable when paired with good socks for long hikes. Only downside is that they aren't insulated and your feet will freeze late season without the right socks.

How did this thread get 3 pages without any mention of Elk Trackers? Love mind, 8 years on them now and still going.

I have elk trackers but they are not even in the same league as boots like hanwag or meindl they just don’t have near the ankle support.

Quote Originally Posted by jac View Post
    I have elk trackers but they are not even in the same league as boots like hanwag or meindl they just don’t have near the ankle support.

Agreed. Elk trackers are no where near the level as most of the brands that have been named on this thread. No where near the support, personally learned that the hard way on a pack hunt, definitely not designed for carrying weight.
    Life begins where your comfort zone ends

WSSBC Monarch; RMGA; 2% for Conservation Certified; WSF; BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by porthunter View Post
    Agreed. Elk trackers are no where near the level as most of the brands that have been named on this thread. No where near the support, personally learned that the hard way on a pack hunt, definitely not designed for carrying weight.
    comfortable yes, no support, heavy, and not the same quality

I had a pair of Scarpa Actives but wanted something taller so switched to Canada Pros. I've had them a year, a lot of bush/swamp hunting and a little in the alpine. So far, I like them a lot.

I'm a fan of the Irish Setter Elk Trackers as well. I have 6 seasons on mine and they are going strong. I treat them a few times a year and they are a great boot. I hunt, hike tons and wear them when I am snowshoeing. I don't sheep hunt or get in the alpine much so like guys have mentioned, there are tougher boots out there. I wouldn't think twice about getting another pair. Great boot for the price.

I have the elk trackers aswell. I like them, although i havent really tried much else.
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................