Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Beyond The Kill video series

Re: Beyond The Kill video series

Quote Originally Posted by stosto View Post
    Good efforts no doubt and enjoyable to watch, but can you describe the decisions to hunt in such large numbers? Why and why not at least break out into smaller groups? Cheers
    Great question and to be completely honest it's something we struggled with on both hunts.

Chalk it up to the downside of filming a hunt. On the Koots trip we split up more than we showed but it made no difference to the hunt or story. On the Rosie trip, we were all-in on Nolan's tag and no one wanted to miss out on seeing that go down considering the potential of the area.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

I would love to see the last part of this series, you know...the beyond the kill part where we all know the other part of the job is in the recovery and pack out as well as a cold beer at the end of it. Did you guys video that and will it be shown at another time. Great work btw

Quote Originally Posted by leftfield View Post
    I would love to see the last part of this series, you know...the beyond the kill part where we all know the other part of the job is in the recovery and pack out as well as a cold beer at the end of it. Did you guys video that and will it be shown at another time. Great work btw
    Stay tuned for the finale tomorrow!
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

Can't wait!

Sorry, couldn’t get past the first 3 minutes. You managed to create an air of exclusivity in the first few frames and I didn’t buy the dialogue. I know it was probably heart felt but it was stereotypical ‘I’m so connected’ new age hunter babble. We may feel it but to express it so it’s believed is really hard. I’ll try again when I’m not feeling so pissed off.

Treed, I totally understand what your saying. To be clear I loved the video.... But I understand what Treed is saying. I think that aspect is one we need in videos but it also is one that could be hard to Script without it looking scripted.
    To be fair, if you left that part out and just filmed "The trophy" you will get flack for being an evil trophy hunter. As well, the title "Beyond The Hunt" Implies that these parts will be in it,,, because those reasons really arte why we are there!

Regardless, I watched it this am over coffee and liked it. That really is a smoker bull!
    And to the filmer guys,,,,,, Spring is coming... Maybe a "Journal of a River fisherman" in the making?

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    Sorry, couldn’t get past the first 3 minutes. You managed to create an air of exclusivity in the first few frames and I didn’t buy the dialogue. I know it was probably heart felt but it was stereotypical ‘I’m so connected’ new age hunter babble. We may feel it but to express it so it’s believed is really hard. I’ll try again when I’m not feeling so pissed off.
    I felt the same way.
    Felt a bit contrived. Bit of arrogance mixed in.
    Seemed like one guy was trying to dictate the hunt when he wasn't the tag holder.
    Obviously you see little pieces of the hunt and not the full story.

Tons of effort to put that sort of thing together so good on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Treed View Post
    With everything you have to be willing to listen, making up your mind in the first three minutes is not really giving the story teller much of a chance. Sometimes you have to hear people out to actually get a good understanding of what they are saying.

There were aspects of the videos I didn't like and there were comments that maybe turned me off or left me wondering BUT episode 6 was AWESOME. It really concluded the hunt and summarized the message the boys were trying to get across. WELL DONE!

The final episode is live, link in OP.

Appreciate all the feedback!
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    The final episode is live, link in OP.

Appreciate all the feedback!
    Oooh boy, gonna be a long day at the office now...looking forward to cracking a cold one and taking that in this evening, it's been well put together so far in my opinion. I think it's easy to sound cliche when describing how much more there is to a hunt than simply taking an animals life, I far prefer that to 5 minutes of someone telling me how hard it is to hunt over a bait pile, 4 slow motion kill shot replays and another 5 minutes of talking about inches and scores any day though.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear