Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Beyond The Kill video series

Re: Beyond The Kill video series

This video serves two purposes. 1) Education to the non hunter and 2) Entertainment for the hunter.

Take it as it is and get out of it what you want. I agree with almost all the points on here, but I never felt the need to come on here and tell someone what I felt were the negatives. It takes a ton of work to put something like that together and to commitment to not only the difficult hunt, but also the film making and editing. It was pure entertainment to me and I commend the makers of the video. A job well done. Congrats on the hunt, the harvest and enjoy the life long friendships.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

As with everything there are going to be differing opinions coming from different personal experience and background.

Ive been on many epic hunting adventures starting 65 plus years ago when I was 5 years old and here is my take:

Overall, I thought the series captured the essence of what it takes, physically and mentally, to accomplish what was accomplished. The other aspects from preparation to completion, including the beach feast in the last episode, should bring a better understanding of what hunting is really about from people who have never done it.

This is the type of image going foreward that hunters will need to convey to the non hunting public if this activity is to survive in any meaningful way.

Well done.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

I watched them all, the last video was indeed the best of the bunch. Next year we needs more NMO and less Janke
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Wow, all were good videos but episode 6 was unreal!

I’ve been hunting my whole life and back pack hunting for over 20 yrs but that last video made the hair stand up on the back of my neck.......well done boys, well done !!!

Quote Originally Posted by labguy View Post
    As with everything there are going to be differing opinions coming from different personal experience and background.

Ive been on many epic hunting adventures starting 65 plus years ago when I was 5 years old and here is my take:

Overall, I thought the series captured the essence of what it takes, physically and mentally, to accomplish what was accomplished. The other aspects from preparation to completion, including the beach feast in the last episode, should bring a better understanding of what hunting is really about from people who have never done it.

This is the type of image going foreward that hunters will need to convey to the non hunting public if this activity is to survive in any meaningful way.

Well done.
    This is so true!

Just finished all the episodes. Good work. Even beyond the actual effort of hunting I know the production is a ton of work that people who don't do video have difficulties understanding.

Thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks for the hard work!

I really liked it. Hard work pays off.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

I liked it and for the most part found it well done. I think we all like to see success in a hunt but it doesn't always happen. As well hunting with a group of people that you are unfamiliar with can be weird and can seem disjointed when it's all caught on camera for all to see. Also I think we all get a little introspective when we have to think and describe something we love to do and maybe it could come out sound a little contrived at times but in this case I think these individual interviews were heartfelt. Anyways just my two cents, I'd watch another series if you forced me a little lol.

awesome series. what a hogggg of a rosie!

my only comment being i would never take the rack out before all the meat...

keep these vids coming!