Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheep Counts

Sheep Counts

Are there any other sheep counts, other then the Southern Okanagan this year? I was hoping to get out and volunteer this year, but family just decided to fly into town that weekend and from the look in my wife's eyes, I'll be murdered if I leave.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Sheep Counts

August 1 - October 25 Start in region 7 and finish in region 4....

Quote Originally Posted by tdot View Post
    Are there any other sheep counts, other then the Southern Okanagan this year? I was hoping to get out and volunteer this year, but family just decided to fly into town that weekend and from the look in my wife's eyes, I'll be murdered if I leave.
    Haven't heard anything about Spence's Bridge yet but that was the beginning of April last year, think there was an earlier count as well.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Dates for Spences are not currently confirmed, but hopefully early April.

Kamloops Lake counts are running April 5th, for more info:

Annual Spring California Bighorn Sheep and Deer count along north side of Kamloops Lake from Rousseau Creek to Ord Road area. Doug will be at the turnoff to Fredericks road at 7 am to assign areas. BBQ to follow the count Dewdrop at the standard location. Contact Doug Jury (250-573-5570) for more information on areas and data sheets if you would like to start earlier.

Highland Valley Outdoors Association from Logan Lake will be assessing the area west of Rousseau Creek west to Cache Creek Contact Ray Town(250-253-9474), Highland Valley Outdoors Club.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Bump. Spence's bridge announced yet? I want to attend this year.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I've attended the Spences Bridge area count several times and have always wondered why it's so late in the year.
    Often the hillsides have already turned green enough that the sheep are up into the hills and out of sight.
    Talked to local farmers and they agree...the sheep are in and around their farms, often in large bands, till just before
    the annual counts after which they break up into smaller more dispersed groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    I've attended the Spences Bridge area count several times and have always wondered why it's so late in the year.
    Often the hillsides have already turned green enough that the sheep are up into the hills and out of sight.
    Talked to local farmers and they agree...the sheep are in and around their farms, often in large bands, till just before
    the annual counts after which they break up into smaller more dispersed groups.
    I AGREE Bud - earlier would be MUCH better ! jmo RJ

Not sure if it's officially confirmed but I believe Spence's count is slated for Saturday April 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by NMO View Post
    Not sure if it's officially confirmed but I believe Spence's count is slated for Saturday April 4th.
    This is correct although I am still working through some things before an official announcement.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Hmmm doesn't really matter..the Indians have declared all those sheep are theirs anyhow....
    Cheers
    srupp