Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sheep Counts

Re: Sheep Counts

Hmmm couple years ago at the Spencer bridge.seen something that surprised me..a momma bear with 5 cubs..4 black and one brown one...all in a line headed up a draw...the last one of the line was a real playful shit disturbed several times jumping on its siblings back from a sneak attack both tumbling off the trail...scrambling back onto the lineup..only to do it again..kids. .certainly the 5 cubs was a first for me ever..and the antics made me laugh out loud...mother nature is wonderful at all times..but some times she just outdoes herself .
    Hmm mm as for puddle pissed. .any ing. .but not his first snipe...unfortunately both Susan and I are sick..and I don't have the time to correct his incorrect views comment on indians set him off..Hmmm mm
    Oh well cesspool la vie....
    Srupp

So I take it there is a sheep count in Spences Bridge does that include other areas in the Fraser Canyon ? Never been to one ! Do bring your own spotting scope ? What would be the minimum scope to bring ? Is this a one day thing ? Do guys bring their better half ? Sorry for all the questions !
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    So I take it there is a sheep count in Spences Bridge does that include other areas in the Fraser Canyon ? Never been to one ! Do bring your own spotting scope ? What would be the minimum scope to bring ? Is this a one day thing ? Do guys bring their better half ? Sorry for all the questions !
    Thanks
    Arctic Lake

Bring what ever you have and whoever wants to glass for sheep.

People are usually put into groups of 3-4 people per designated zone (so numerous people dont count the same sheep. I think there is a zone from Lytton up to lilloet. nothing else up the fraser.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Hmm the one year I was given the road a cross the Thompson towards Merritt. .didn't see any sheep but did see deer..
    I find bringing a good folding chair..thermos of coffee. .extra cup for new friends..GPS. .pen paper..warm clothes especially. .LOTS of water.binoculars, spotting scope with great tripod..lunch.
    Good hat.some years sunscreen was needed.
    Its a good time to check out different optics being used and why..learn from more experienced sheep hunters..some folks like Dave have come up for years from Fraser Valley..Mission area..makes for a long day.but enjoyable.
    They did provide an example of class 1 class 2 class 3 rams..so you could most correctly put your find in the most correct column to make the information more reliable/ use full for the biologists.
    Cheers
    Srupp

Thank You fellas ! Steven you always add good information !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Keep it to sheep people........ I dont like digging out the old ban hammer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    Keep it to sheep people........ I dont like digging out the old ban hammer lol
    Hmm sorry Dad..shouldn't have mentioned the deer or 5 bears..my bad...
    Thanks for your efforts and all mods.herding cats...very difficult challenge.
    Appreciate you.
    Srupp

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm sorry Dad..shouldn't have mentioned the deer or 5 bears..my bad...
    Thanks for your efforts and all mods.herding cats...very difficult challenge.
    Appreciate you.
    Srupp
    lol...... it was the bickering not the animals mentioned. But thanks Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Last Year we spotted a Beauty BLOND with brown stockings - had a brown face and neck - Very Different ! Would have made a GREAT rug ! RJ
    SHHHH. but in all seriousness Jim I went back a week later and took a poke at him. I'm a bit embarrassed to say it was the first animal I've never recovered, I'm hoping he survived for me to try this year but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmm the one year I was given the road a cross the Thompson towards Merritt. .didn't see any sheep but did see deer..
    I find bringing a good folding chair..thermos of coffee. .extra cup for new friends..GPS. .pen paper..warm clothes especially. .LOTS of water.binoculars, spotting scope with great tripod..lunch.
    Good hat.some years sunscreen was needed.
    Its a good time to check out different optics being used and why..learn from more experienced sheep hunters..some folks like Dave have come up for years from Fraser Valley..Mission area..makes for a long day.but enjoyable.
    They did provide an example of class 1 class 2 class 3 rams..so you could most correctly put your find in the most correct column to make the information more reliable/ use full for the biologists.
    Cheers
    Srupp
    This is great information and sincerely appreciated. Thank you!