Thread: Second duck season complete / was a good one!!!

Second duck season complete / was a good one!!!

Hey everyone!

New to waterfowl hunting but last year I started getting out with my boss, just walking out into the marsh, not having really any success, because we knew nothing about the game we were hunting.

During the off season I took the craft more seriously and soaked up everything I could on the web, this forum and in books. Spent days at the gun club practing on clays, making sure I was as ready as possible for this season.

Now that this season is done and I've had a chance to reflect on the countless successful days, I have to admit I'm hooked!

The marsh walks were better planned around the weather and tides, and I even went solo a few times and was asked to join a few groups. The waterfowl community is an open armed one for sure...
    Noticed this especially when i cold called the vice president of the Richmond gun club and he invited me on to his boat for a trip out to the Richmond marshes.

To sum it up I went from a season of skybusting to dropping a few dozen. Thanks everyone

With that said I'm not ready to finish the season. Never tried goose but I'd love to tag along if anyone has room for an okay shot in their blind in the coming weeks...

Ps. I'm buying a boat this spring!!!😁😁😁

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Second duck season complete / was a good one!!!

one of us one of us

It’s like riding a bike, once you get it, you get it ! What kinda boat you looking at ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    one of us one of us
    I hope so!!!

Quote Originally Posted by limit time View Post
    It’s like riding a bike, once you get it, you get it ! What kinda boat you looking at ?
    Looking used Jon boat (flat bottom) 12-14ft with a 15mh motor. Haven't been seeing any reasonable posts on Craigslist. Will probably have to buy new from basspro. Waiting on a order of trackers to come in...

I saw a complete Jonboat rigged up for duck hunting including blind posted on Facebook buy and sell a couple weeks ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Sythey View Post
    Looking used Jon boat (flat bottom) 12-14ft with a 15mh motor. Haven't been seeing any reasonable posts on Craigslist. Will probably have to buy new from basspro. Waiting on a order of trackers to come in...
    I have the Tracker 14/36 with a 9.9 Merc on it and it goes really well. You might want to go 9.9 if you fish at all in the summer, as a lot of lakes have a motor restriction, and 15 hp is not allowed.

I’m also keen to get out for geese. I’ve only gone once with an experienced friend, so I’m not a goose expert. Ducks, I’m good. Many seasons in, with this one as possibly my best as well after a shotgun upgrade from pump to semi...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.