Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions? Vortex razor LH 2-10 vs Swarovski z3 3-9

Opinions? Vortex razor LH 2-10 vs Swarovski z3 3-9

Morning guys,

Decided to jump on one of those savage ultralites and give it a whirl but now I can’t decide on glass, everything I’ve used in the past is way heavier than I’d be comfortable putting on this gun, both these scopes are within $40 of each other, anyone have experience with both??

thanks in advance !

cheers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Opinions? Vortex razor LH 2-10 vs Swarovski z3 3-9

2-10 razor LH had been discontinued unless you already have one, great scope though I have one on my creedmoor with the g4 reticle

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey87 View Post
    2-10 razor LH had been discontinued unless you already have one, great scope though I have one on my creedmoor with the g4 reticle
    found a store with 3 in stock.. had been looking for it for a while, then noticed the Swarovski on sale as well... I don’t think either is a bad choice but would love some more first hand opinions. Glad to hear you enjoy the 2-10.. makes me feel a bit more confident !

I have the Swaro Z3 3-9X36 mounted on my custom 338-06 ... terrific glass with the 4A reticle. Tried Vortex some time ago ... no longer in my lineup.
    VDD GROUP CANADA
    BCWF
    BIGSLAPPER OUTDOOR ADVENTURES est. 1963
    www.bigslapper.com

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Odds are you're probably not going to get a sheep anyways. So you want to at least enjoy your time on the mountain. But not sexually.

Ive owned a couple Razor LH scopes, great glass but I do not care for the reticles offered. Hopefully they relaunch a similar scope in the near future but with new reticles and a turret. The Z3 3-9x36 is a great little scope. Another one worth a look would be the Leupold Vx3i 3.5-10x40 with the new CDS ZL with locking turret.

My favorite light(ish) hunting scope is the Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50 BT, it weighs 16oz. Amazing glass and the BT turret is my preference over a bullet drop reticle
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

The Z3 would be my choice, having used one before.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Ive owned a couple Razor LH scopes, great glass but I do not care for the reticles offered. Hopefully they relaunch a similar scope in the near future but with new reticles and a turret. The Z3 3-9x36 is a great little scope. Another one worth a look would be the Leupold Vx3i 3.5-10x40 with the new CDS ZL with locking turret.

My favorite light(ish) hunting scope is the Swarovski Z5 2.4-12x50 BT, it weighs 16oz. Amazing glass and the BT turret is my preference over a bullet drop reticle

apparently the LH replacement should be out by this fall. Couldn’t get any info on it though.

Hmmm vortex is not in the same class as Swaro. .within $40 one is overpriced the other a deal
    imo go with the swaro
    Cheers
    srupp

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post

Can you retro fit the cds zl turret onto vx3i with cds

Just get the Swarovski Z3, 3-10 x 42. Nothing better exists in a light riflescope.