Thread: Let the Withdrawal Begin,,,,,duck season is at an end!

Threaded View

Let the Withdrawal Begin,,,,,duck season is at an end!

Hunted with a buddy the last day of the season this past Friday. Boy, the ducks are educated at this time of the year but we still managed to decoy enough in that we ended the day just one short of a limit. That being said, the majority of them were anything but close. Because it was the last day of the season, we weren't in any hurry to leave, despite the pouring rain. We basically hunted sun up to sun down.

We were positive we'd get the last bird once the night flight came but we didn't see another bird the last hour or more that we were out. No night flight at all,,,,very strange, not a single bird!

My griff, Sako, made some awesome retrieves today! I think she probably only saw three of our total hit the ground. The rest were blind retrieves,,,,, a couple into some very thick blackberry bramble where she had to belly crawl in and then out with the bird. And another past the bramble, across a good channel of water, and into the next field. My buddy thought those were going to be lost birds for sure because we had no idea exactly where they went down ourselves. It's retrieves like those that you remember for a good long time.

All in all, it was a good way to end the season. Let the withdrawal begin!
    Last edited by mastercaster; 01-26-2020 at 08:34 PM.

2. Site Sponsor