Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
Nice work mastercaster. Looks like Sako has got it figured out
We still have work to do, Ron. I know i don't have to worry about the recovery part because I took the time to force fetch her so she know it's her job to find and bring the birds back. Still have to work on steadiness in the blind because there's the odd time she'll but out before being sent. She knows my cracker shot buddy is not going to miss so there should be a bird out there to retrieve.

The other thing is her speed coming back with the bird. She gets out there lickity split but she takes what seems like a long time getting the bird back to the blind,,,,and it's not like she isn't taking a straight line. When she retrieves bumpers and dockers she gets them back much quicker.

Maybe it's the weight of the birds slowing her down but at 48 pounds she seems strong enough to me. I guess I should be happy that she's getting them all back to me. I doubt that we lost more than a couple cripples this entire season,,,,birds that ended up going down a country mile away from us in thick marsh grass.