Page 90 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Quote Originally Posted by webley View Post
    I think your pictures are fantastic, you seem to me to be a good hunter and not afraid to get back to where the animals are, good for you . Steve!
    Thanks buddy! I'll post good ones here whenever I got em'

Quote Originally Posted by Redthies View Post
    Wait, so the new truck you just bought (after we talked Tacomas) got rear ended?
    Yep, un f'n believable hey? 2nd day off the lot

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great pics everyone, and wow, great looking adventure there Observer...you going after high elevation blacktail or something?
    Yeah high up BT. Unfortunately wasted 2 days up there as far as hunting goes, the basin is a one way street when the snow flies, so they all got out of there in Oct when the first snow came. All good knowledge though, so learning. Then found gold mines of activity on the way down about 5-700 ft lower where there was only couple inches of snow so moved the cam there, will be makin it back up there before season closes have me a feelin theres good Bucks up there. Nicknamed the spot hell, every time I go up I end up regretting it on the way up lol

Observer those are great pictures !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Yeah high up BT. Unfortunately wasted 2 days up there as far as hunting goes, the basin is a one way street when the snow flies, so they all got out of there in Oct when the first snow came. All good knowledge though, so learning. Then found gold mines of activity on the way down about 5-700 ft lower where there was only couple inches of snow so moved the cam there, will be makin it back up there before season closes have me a feelin theres good Bucks up there. Nicknamed the spot hell, every time I go up I end up regretting it on the way up lol
    Lol right on, hope you get a big one... I wish I had snow down where I hunt, so late this year...I'm trying to help a few friends fill their mulie tags + I've got a WT tag that I can fill... maybe it's just me but, it seems like even though there isn't much snow, the majority of deer have still migrated to lower elevations..I'm assuming because the frost has killed the nutritional benefit to the browse at higher elevation?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Lol right on, hope you get a big one... I wish I had snow down where I hunt, so late this year...I'm trying to help a few friends fill their mulie tags + I've got a WT tag that I can fill... maybe it's just me but, it seems like even though there isn't much snow, the majority of deer have still migrated to lower elevations..I'm assuming because the frost has killed the nutritional benefit to the browse at higher elevation?
    From what I understand different Deer in different areas have different migration behaviours, take Mulies for example some migrate long distances to wintering grounds, some just go to the base of the high mountains they live on, some go down regardless of snow or not every year at the similar time I call em clock migrators, then you got the ones that will only go down if the snow pushes em. But that all ties in to where in the province were talking about and how the weather affects the vegetation in a given area.

Some of these basins here in region 2 never dry up no matter how hot it gets or how many days of no rain so the burning off of feed isn't an issue from summer in some places. Interior is completely different story, even different land features in region 2 can dry up real good. But I know a guy who has killed BTs up in the alpine in December before (not sure of snow or weather that year there was definitely good amount of snow though), but theres a lot of factors to consider. Could be the frost killing stuff off where your at for sure.
    Last edited by TheObserver; 11-22-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishandSticks View Post
    Nice lookin country fishn sticks, looks like some i've been in before

Very nice !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by FishandSticks View Post
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Some nice Blackies in the old growth, look at the shoulders and neck on the 2nd pic!