Page 75 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

^^^^^^^^^ Good man you are. I've cut trails and packed canoes lots of places but never that far, 2ish kms a couple of times. Maybe it's my old body or the government has turned up the law of gravity but a 1/2 km is my limit. Need to make a wheely thingy like yours.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

We have a Western Canoe made one but yours looks great Squamch and probably cheaper !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Squamch View Post

We dragged this for 8 km with the bike, then another 4km by hand. To get here.

Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

its much easier to take them in the winter with a snow machine

We dragged this for 8 km with the bike, then another 4km by hand. To get here.

That's just awesome... I'm assuming all the effort is due to the fact that the fishing is just unbelievably awesome?

Quote Originally Posted by justachip View Post
    its much easier to take them in the winter with a snow machine
    Definitely a good idea....

I don’t have a pic of these carts empty, but they’re at a park I go too once in awhile. You can load your gear in your boat, balance it on the cart and drag it down the 5km trail to the lake. There’s a circuit between 5 lakes and they have carts stored at every portage. Just an idea for some of you guys dragging canoes into remote places.

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Yep, the fishing is spectacular. 6-16" rainbows. Gin-clear water. You can see the bottom when it's not windy in 30' plus of water.

So I dragged the canoe, and the other 2 guys would do relays where they would walk/jog behind it keeping it upright and heaving it back and forth to keep it from caving in on trees and rocks. When the 3rd guy caught up, number 2 would go back for his bike and pack. When he caught up, he parks his bike, ditches his pack, and takes over steadying the boat.

Took about 7 hrs.

No way you're getting a sled down there, we cut the trail in for bikes, and it's still dangerously tight in a lot of spots. Plus the hike in section after the road has washed out, then when you run out of road it's so steep we would climb up with a 30' rope to a flat spot, then heave the canoe, snub it off, climb again, etc.

Awesome adventure, going back this weekend
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Yep, the fishing is spectacular. 6-16" rainbows. Gin-clear water. You can see the bottom when it's not windy in 30' plus of water.

So I dragged the canoe, and the other 2 guys would do relays where they would walk/jog behind it keeping it upright and heaving it back and forth to keep it from caving in on trees and rocks. When the 3rd guy caught up, number 2 would go back for his bike and pack. When he caught up, he parks his bike, ditches his pack, and takes over steadying the boat.

Took about 7 hrs.

No way you're getting a sled down there, we cut the trail in for bikes, and it's still dangerously tight in a lot of spots. Plus the hike in section after the road has washed out, then when you run out of road it's so steep we would climb up with a 30' rope to a flat spot, then heave the canoe, snub it off, climb again, etc.

Awesome adventure, going back this weekend
    Sounds awesome, look forward to some fishing pics there...I'll bet it's one of those places where the fish would be hitting up pretty much any fly or lure you throw at them?

LOL so my son is a fan of the WW2 American army helmut...loves wearing it around on our hikes...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]