Page 42 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    A memory that popped up from 9 years ago

Can you tell it was our first time shooting a moose? Only ever hunted Island Deer before this

Great pics everyone!

3 bums look closely

End of another day

Front view

Rear view
    Last edited by MRP; 09-30-2022 at 07:05 PM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Great pics, love seeing the 3 moose..

Just great pictures everyone !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Very nice bull ! Looks very similar to one that I got years ago . What was the width one that one ?
    Arctic Lake
    A memory that popped up from 9 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Very nice bull ! Looks very similar to one that I got years ago . What was the width one that one ?
    Arctic Lake
    I think it was 39.5” going by memory, but that rifle in the pic measures exactly 40” for reference. That one came from 7-18 on the other side of the old a-frame bridge ne of Prince George.

Imagine that , Prince George that’s were my largest came from as well 7-23 .Picture somewhere on the site
    Arctic Lake
    I think it was 39.5” going by memory, but that rifle in the pic measures exactly 40” for reference. That one came from 7-18 on the other side of the old a-frame bridge ne of Prince George.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Lake View Post
    Arctic Lake
    Here’s the biggest one I’ve ever shot.

I came off of my last night shift and went straight to a concert 4 hours away with my brother, stayed up drinking all day, went to the concert, partied most of the night, slept for a few hours, drove home, threw my hunting gear and quad in the truck and drove another hour north in my truck and two more hours by quad, setup camp, froze all night in -10 to -15, woke up in the morning, started calling, got frustrated, walked less than a km and ran into a fresh set of moose tracks that were coming directly for me. I decided to stop calling and go for a hike and try and circle where I thought he was going. I stopped midday for a break in a clearing that had been pounded down previously by moose and this guy came out of the trees letting out these high pitched long wheezy grunts one after another. I e never heard another moose on a video or in person make that sound, but he was obviously hot for something. Anyways my rifle was actually a ways away so I walked over, grabbed it and gave him one between the eyes. After I shot him I really didn’t realize how far off of the road I was and had to blast a quad trail quite a ways to get him out.

I was pretty tired after dealing with that so I never measured anything, I just lopped the antlers off and went home the next morning. I think I’m getting too old for those fiascos now. Lol.

He’s a good size ! Good story as well !
    Here’s the biggest one I’ve ever shot.

I came off of my last night shift and went straight to a concert 4 hours away with my brother, stayed up drinking all day, went to the concert, partied most of the night, slept for a few hours, drove home, threw my hunting gear and quad in the truck and drove another hour north in my truck and two more hours by quad, setup camp, froze all night in -10 to -15, woke up in the morning, started calling, got frustrated, walked less than a km and ran into a fresh set of moose tracks that were coming directly for me. I decided to stop calling and go for a hike and try and circle where I thought he was going. I stopped midday for a break in a clearing that had been pounded down previously by moose and this guy came out of the trees letting out these high pitched long wheezy grunts one after another. I e never heard another moose on a video or in person make that sound, but he was obviously hot for something. Anyways my rifle was actually a ways away so I walked over, grabbed it and gave him one between the eyes. After I shot him I really didn’t realize how far off of the road I was and had to blast a quad trail quite a ways to get him out.

I was pretty tired after dealing with that so I never measured anything, I just lopped the antlers off and went home the next morning. I think I’m getting too old for those fiascos now. Lol.