Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

We headed out for a week in search of sheep where there are no sheep, just good company and nice country.

3 generations of us

My 9 year olds first backpack trip. Roughly 100 km on the boots.

That’s a good trek for a 9 year old, not many get an experience like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    That’s a good trek for a 9 year old, not many get an experience like that.
    I went into it fully expecting to either pull out early or pack her pack for her. This trip was devoted to her and making it enjoyable for her. Not only did she out do us 3 grownups, but she did packing a 10-12lb pack. 24 km bush hike out on our last day, we were all beat down bad, that girl coulda done a lap. The whole hike out all she could talk about was “when’s the next trip” lol.

To her credit, she does check goat cams with me quite frequently. A mountain girl in the making.

Getting your kids into it early fellas . Priceless !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    I went into it fully expecting to either pull out early or pack her pack for her. This trip was devoted to her and making it enjoyable for her. Not only did she out do us 3 grownups, but she did packing a 10-12lb pack. 24 km bush hike out on our last day, we were all beat down bad, that girl coulda done a lap. The whole hike out all she could talk about was “when’s the next trip” lol.

To her credit, she does check goat cams with me quite frequently. A mountain girl in the making.
    Very cool what a great family experience, does she get to hunt next year, or just likes the outdoors. I see 3 dogs in the pictures how much do they each carry.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Very cool what a great family experience, does she get to hunt next year, or just likes the outdoors. I see 3 dogs in the pictures how much do they each carry.
    She turns 10 in February and is excited to write her core . She’s hasn’t shot a centerfire rifle yet, but shoots a custom youth .22 very well. She’s nervous about the noise of a centerfire. We have a couple 22-250’s but I’m thinking of picking up a .223 for her instead once she’s ready. So grouse will defiantly be on the radar, but big game will be a couple years yet I think.

The dogs in the photo, the one in the far top left is my dads dog, the other two are mine. The middle dog has been my partner for the last 6 seasons, hasn’t missed a trip, and has saved my arse from grizzly’s twice. I kinda feel this last trip might be her last big sheep trip, she turns 8 in September here but really shows it. She’s about 70-75 pounds and use to pack 12-15 pounds of dog food on sheep hunts, then packs garbage out. This trip I put 9lb’s of food on both her and my younger dog there (3 1/2 years old), and I packed the rest.

A few years back, my old girl there packed out 17lbs of sheep meat for me, I couldn’t imagine going on a hunt without a dog anymore.

[QUOTE=decker9;2354202]She turns 10 in February and is excited to write her core . She’s hasn’t shot a centerfire rifle yet, but shoots a custom youth .22 very well. She’s nervous about the noise of a centerfire. We have a couple 22-250’s but I’m thinking of picking up a .223 for her instead once she’s ready. So grouse will defiantly be on the radar, but big game will be a couple years yet I think.

The dogs in the photo, the one in the far top left is my dads dog, the other two are mine. The middle dog has been my partner for the last 6 seasons, hasn’t missed a trip, and has saved my arse from grizzly’s twice. I kinda feel this last trip might be her last big sheep trip, she turns 8 in September here but really shows it. She’s about 70-75 pounds and use to pack 12-15 pounds of dog food on sheep hunts, then packs garbage out. This trip I put 9lb’s of food on both her and my younger dog there (3 1/2 years old), and I packed the rest.

WOW! Nice scenery & family photos!

All the best to your daughter. No doubt looking at her smile she loves the mountain scenery & being there.

So your dog saved you from a grizz attack 2x.
    Stories would be appreciated!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

^^^^^^^^x2^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by decker9 View Post
    She turns 10 in February and is excited to write her core . She’s hasn’t shot a centerfire rifle yet, but shoots a custom youth .22 very well. She’s nervous about the noise of a centerfire. We have a couple 22-250’s but I’m thinking of picking up a .223 for her instead once she’s ready. So grouse will defiantly be on the radar, but big game will be a couple years yet I think.

A few years back, my old girl there packed out 17lbs of sheep meat for me, I couldn’t imagine going on a hunt without a dog anymore.

Awesome photos Decker wonderful family and dogs! The way your setting up your daughters hunting she may very well get a sheep at a very young age good for you and happy hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Camping trip from this past week with my crew and a friend. We had a wolf circle our camp and I think it was trying to coax my dog out to play. He snuck out of the tent and I awoke to him barking quite a ways away so I had to make a late night trip out to get him and then two wolves started howling about an hour later. He got lucky.

Looks like a great time...glad you're dog is OK.. had wolves circle our camp once at 4 in the morning in November, could hear them pissing around our camp, they're clever creatures indeed... I too have the Luxe I'm assuming that one has a stove jack? My son and I made a woodstove for it, it makes for a great time..