Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Incredible is the word that also comes to my mind ! What a contrast between the snow and that blue sky !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Dezaiko is special. This was our 2nd trip there, the 1st coincidentally being 10 years ago in 2012! It's one of the older backcountry ski lodges with a fair bit of history. The current owners just took over the business from Craig & Bonnie Evanoff. Craig's Dad built the lodge & is a well known outdoorsman in that region. There's a park named after George Evanoff who was tragically killed by a Grizzly. Also a biography written about him The Mountain Knows No Expert. Been meaning to read it, amazing individual.

Here are some shots from the 2012 trip. Start with a panorama I stitched together from a series of photos.

Earning turns, the reward is appreciated all the more having worked for them.

Trips are generally a full week, so with any luck you get it all, sunshine + a dump or 2 of fresh powder.

2012 was epic for snowfall at Dezaiko, as was 2022. The new owners put a little more effort into clearing snow around the lodge than 10 years ago lol. Tunnel to the entrance.

Lodge completely buried.

I think they've now started summer hiking programs up there as well.

Is that a fly-in spot? I’ve hunted pretty close to there in 7-18 a couple of times.

Man that is a hell of a lot of snow !
    Arctic Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Is that a fly-in spot? I’ve hunted pretty close to there in 7-18 a couple of times.
    It's fly in for guests winter & summer. The owners have hiked in during summer etc, but it's a challenging slog. In 2012 we staged from a farm & the flight was a good 20 minutes one way. Last winter we drove almost 2 hours east out of Prince George up an FSR to get us a lot closer. That's where the trail they use to hike in is. The FSR ends & there's a logging camp. The flight was a pretty short hop from there. A couple guests can take the heli from Prince George, but they load her up good with supplies for the week for the 1st lift.

https://www.dezaiko.com/
    Last edited by mike31154; 11-17-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Arctic. A foot of snow over night is considered just a skiff where some of us live.
    Some mountain cabins have a 12 to 16 foot ladder to climb to up to the outhouse if you visit in summer. A easy one to get to is Grounded Hog lk above Barkerville. I’m pretty sure it is still there, but haven’t been there in quite a long time.

Last edited by MRP; 11-17-2022 at 09:19 AM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

LOL MRP ! I have a sister that has lived in PG for hmmmm 30 years . She lets me know about the snow !
    Arctic Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Artic. A foot of snow over night is considered just a skiff where some of us live.

This is the Monashee Cat Skiing staff parking lot on Sugar Lake FSR. Guests are picked up at the Roadhouse near Cherryville for a 40 minute ride to here. Then it's another 40 minutes in a Cat. Staff use sleds to commute back & forth from there to the lodge. When they first opened the business it was all done by sled. Guests were given a crash course on riding & turned loose.

Monashee Mountain Magic....

Here's the snow depth board at Sol Mountain Touring, also in the Monashees. 3 meters & climbing...
    Last edited by mike31154; 11-17-2022 at 11:21 AM.

Had to point it out to a coworker, lost my actual camera that I take all my Wildlife/scenery pictures with last week unfortunately so had to take it with my garbage phone (I was 23 yards away and that was the zoom.... garbage lol)

Last edited by TheObserver; 12-18-2022 at 03:57 PM.

Great pics as always Mike and Observer.....