Page 99 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Seeing as how we can’t post videos here… here’s a YouTube short the woman made of our trip last fall

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/eENzIdgptGw

l
    Last edited by Bustercluck; 02-22-2024 at 06:32 PM.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I think this is from 2021. We came pretty close to these two without noticing each other. I think I was as startled as they were.
    Here’s one more from the same trip. It was raining pretty hard that day and we spent quite a bit of time tucked in a little crevice waiting for the storm to pass. We saw those goats on the high treeline behind me.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

^^ Nice pics

First bushcraft projects and night done simulated getting lost/injured with just the day pack wanted to weave a roof out of branches and put moss and boughs then birch bark but didn't have time so just tied a tarp with an overhang, got my first fire with a ferro rod started (so cool, hooked) using the inside of a cedar widow maker into a shave stick with some young fir blister sap. Many more nights and projects to come, flint and steel fire next, then want to get fires going with the bow drill, hand drill and fire plough in the coming months.

This was good, simple flour water and seasoning thats it

Lookin for a Lion

Last edited by TheObserver; 02-22-2024 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Here’s one more from the same trip. It was raining pretty hard that day and we spent quite a bit of time tucked in a little crevice waiting for the storm to pass. We saw those goats on the high treeline behind me.
    Awesome pics man!

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    First bushcraft projects and night done simulated getting lost/injured with just the day pack wanted to weave a roof out of branches and put moss and boughs then birch bark but didn't have time so just tied a tarp with an overhang, got my first fire with a ferro rod started (so cool, hooked) using the inside of a cedar widow maker into a shave stick with some young fir blister sap. Many more nights and projects to come, flint and steel fire next, then want to get fires going with the bow drill, hand drill and fire plough in the coming months.

This was good, simple flour water and seasoning thats it

Lookin for a Lion

Great job man, looks awesome.... I suggest lots more boughs on the bed, will be that much more comfortable, and warm....if you use conifer boughs for your shelter, make sure the butt end is pointing towards the sky, will shed water better... I too want to start a friction fire, the one attempt I had smoke but no success...let me know how it goes...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great job man, looks awesome.... I suggest lots more boughs on the bed, will be that much more comfortable, and warm....if you use conifer boughs for your shelter, make sure the butt end is pointing towards the sky, will shed water better... I too want to start a friction fire, the one attempt I had smoke but no success...let me know how it goes...
    Thanks buddy! I wanted to get more but should have started the whole thing earlier didn't have time for a lot of stuff I wanted to do still turned out good though. Thanks for that tip, hadn't thought about that or read it yet for the boughs hanging downwards makes sense! Will do, I got like 40 projects on my list for the next little while should be fun, I think I will film the bow/hand drill and plough, i'm sure I will have a few failures before success.

So many cool things to try and only been lookin into it for a few months now, want to do a smokeless dakota fire hole and some of these unmaintained fires that burn many hours don't even have to wake up at night

Right on buddy good luck... how specifically do you create the 'unmaintained' fires?