Page 19 of 103 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Re: Random Outdoor Pics - Post them up!

Last post of a family trip to Cape Scott this past summer

If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

^^^^great pics everyone.......

And there it is, was waiting for Dana to come and steal the show, well done sir!! Let me know if you ever need a pack mule

Bustercluck my son has that same fox 40, great bag for getting his gear up and down the mountain. Lack of a meat shelf forced me to learn how to sew though, have a frame in progress but sewed up this 55L pack bag to run on his deuter frame in the meantime. Looking forward to field testing it this spring! (apologies for breaking the rules with an "indoors" pic, field photos incoming)

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

That's a nice set up. How old is he and how much weight can he pack. I try and keep the kids under 20 lbs if they're going to be hiking for multiple days. I don't mind packing the extras so they can enjoy themselves
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

45 Freezer. That’s a great picture !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    That's a nice set up. How old is he and how much weight can he pack. I try and keep the kids under 20 lbs if they're going to be hiking for multiple days. I don't mind packing the extras so they can enjoy themselves
    He's 10, I try and keep his loads pretty light too, last spring when he was 9 he wanted to go above and beyond my expectations for a bear pack out though...I had asked if he thought he could handle the backstraps and tenderloins plus his sleep system since that's about all he had room for in his pack. He said "how about if I carry my sleeping bag down in my arms and then I can fit a rack of ribs in too?" I was pretty damn impressed, I ended up taking the sleeping bag for him but his pack turned out to have been over 25lbs which was half his bodyweight at the time...I was wrecked for a week and he was fine the next day lol. Now he has a meat shelf so he can carry gear and meat at the same time, loosely modeled the pack and frame off the kifaru duplex and reckoning. I'll definitely post some better photos up when the frame is done. Cool to see other young kids getting after it, they'll be tougher than us in no time and we'll be the pack mules.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Man, all these family pics are fantastic. Definitely hoping to have similar ones in the years to come!

That looks like a great setup for your boy there Freezer...

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    Man, all these family pics are fantastic. Definitely hoping to have similar ones in the years to come!
    Start them young. My little guy is 4 in those beach pics and that's around 17km hike in. I didn't carry him at all. I think we all underestimate our kids these days these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    Start them young. My little guy is 4 in those beach pics and that's around 17km hike in. I didn't carry him at all. I think we all underestimate our kids these days these days.
    Wow. I fully agree and say the same thing all the time, I'm still impressed with that though. I know my kid would give my 10 year old self a real run for my money right now and will probably smoke me up the mountain by the time he's 16...guess maybe I should think twice next time I want to rush his mid hike breaks, might be me asking for a break sooner than later lol