Thread: greenwood

greenwood

Hey everyone. I just picked up a property in the greenwood area. I was just curious what the critter level is like ? Also what’s running around these parts ? I know mule deer and whitetail
    but I was wondering if there are turkeys and elk. Also. What numbers would one expect to see ? I’ve done lots of research on the back roads. It looks really cool. With all the old towns and mines.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: greenwood

I'm sure it will all become clear once you've moved in. You can count on some Whities I'm sure.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

One of the few places that you can find all of those critters in healthy numbers. Check out the Granby River/Grand Forks and Christina Lake. Some of the best whitetail hunting around. You picked some beautiful country up there. Good luck.

Congrats on the property. Something I've always wanted to do.

My good hunting friend used to head there for an annual trip. He went into that area and said the wildlife numbers have completely changed. ... Like everywhere in this province.

Work hard and go find them! That area will hold animals.

Sold my 25 acre property above Grand Forks a year ago . . . . whitetails, mulies, and had a bighorn on it years ago. Enjoy yourself, it's a nice place to be.

Hunted there for for quite some time. liberal Whitetail doe season is shoeing its effects . Last year in 4 days we only seen Mule Deer nice to see a turn of the tables but predators need to be hunted also lots there . Always liked the area and the people of the WK .

Turkey, Elk, whities(lots of em), mulies, occasional moose, wolves, cats. Its a good area. You'll enjoy it.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Sold my 25 acre property above Grand Forks a year ago . . . . whitetails, mulies, and had a bighorn on it years ago. Enjoy yourself, it's a nice place to be.
    Ace, should have turned the property into an AIRBnH. Bed and Hunt. Just increase the day rate and everyone would crave it..... Just sayin.

Thanks for all the replies. I can’t wait to get up there in the spring and explore more. And I’m looking forward to trying that bbq house that’s there.

Grew up being dropped off with relatives for a few weeks of many summers in Greenwood, my aunt had a cabin on Jewel lake which was pretty much where I learned to fish and catch crayfish.