Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HBC in the news

Re: HBC in the news

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    Where have you seen a hunter drag a completely skinned animal through any of that stuff?

FYI, the carcinogens are from the turnout gear and are not something to brush aside.
    In case you weren't aware, policy now is that all turnout gear is decontaminated on site before returning to the Hall and then laundered to remove all those carcinogens. We've come a long way in the last 10 years. Have many a buddy that has battled and some lost to cancer as FF.

I have to say, when I read the story in the surrey paper I was getting ready to read a ton of any hunting sentiment in the comments. It gave me some hope to see the level of support and amount of common sense in 99% of the comments.

Just shut this thread down there is already one going..... Some of these comments are just ****ed! carcinogens ???? WTF get a life people......

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Says he's a full-time fire fighter in the article.

Doesn't that mean that's where he lives? His dwelling.
    Not necessarily. Not all halls have permanent accomodations. Also, not all firefighters want to live at the hall all the time, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaxtech View Post
    In case you weren't aware, policy now is that all turnout gear is decontaminated on site before returning to the Hall and then laundered to remove all those carcinogens. We've come a long way in the last 10 years. Have many a buddy that has battled and some lost to cancer as FF.
    Well aware of the policy. And for the record fully support the HBC member who is the topic of the story.

On queue, the usual suspects with minimal insight but lots to say are the first to start barking (not directed at you dmaxtech).
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Seriously the thread is about HBC been in the news, about a fireman who's photo and story were stolen from HBC, by another HBC member. All some can talk about is how bad it is to hang a deer in a firehall????? If it were that bad it would probably be bad for anyone just walking into said firehall. I think this is a BS argument which has very little todo with what happened. Actually it has nothing to do with it..
    "On queue, the usual suspects with minimal insight but lots to say are the first to start barking (not directed at you dmaxtech)." So nobody is allowed to have an opinion??
    Bla bla bla bullshit!

Spy, relax on the drama man.

Support for the HBC member is high. Someone just made a valid point, which is clear a few others had little understanding of. No need to go off the deep end.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

on this note, my workplace has recently started blocking any gun sites....I cant even access cabelas on line anymore...who knows, I might even be risking my job posting during work hours even if I only do it during breaks...time for me to stop posting here now...cheers to all

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle View Post
    on this note, my workplace has recently started blocking any gun sites....I cant even access cabelas on line anymore...who knows, I might even be risking my job posting during work hours even if I only do it during breaks...time for me to stop posting here now...cheers to all
    I would not post on this, or any other forum, from a work computer.
    Don't bring unnecessary heat on yourself. You never know when they will need to decide who to lay off and what criteria goes into determining that.

It depends on the level of IT support your company has, but assume EVERYTHING you type on a work computer is being logged. The bigger the company, the bigger the IT budget, the more likely you are to be monitored.

Quote Originally Posted by Good2bCanadian View Post
    Posting a picture of a bled and skinned out carcass at a tax funded fire hall........In Surrey.
    Not suprised this became an issue. Lol
    I have NO problem with it BUT the Flower Sniffers and Snow Flakes WILL Big Time ! Poor Bambi ! Blah Blah Blah RJ