Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter whitetail

Re: Winter whitetail

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    nope just sick of sledders opening up predator highways. very tough conditions for deer the last three weeks.
    Deer are not that stressed..they came into winter in good shape..fat due to wet summer mild fall and late snow . Gone into winter the best shape for years . As well the deer use the sled track too..it saves them energy just the same...
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

I keep my sled to the already open roads and snowshoe into likely looking deer winter range. Not seeing many coyote this year numbers are down I think the wolves are keeping them in check

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    sounds op has been riding through mule deer winter range aswell... congrats you can find some deer in febuary...making predator ice highways is not helping game.
    Just like the cat hunters do every year.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Never hunted there but I will try it this year.sounds like a good spot

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Just like the cat hunters do every year.
    Cat hunters and guides can lay out well over 100 kms of track in a full day on their sleds.
    Here we are busting a guys balls for scouting and learning his local deer herds and sharing his intel.

There are countless sledders out ripping it up yet HBC picks on an outdoor enthusiast that is part of our community.
    Once again tribalism at its finest.
    Brutal

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

bullshit at least the cat hunters and guides are killing cats... and know deep snow icy conditions.

Hey Pauly, don't listen to the haters. Get outside and enjoy the wilderness. Haters will hate. This is why so many others don't bother posting on this site anymore. Everyone is holier than holy and think their shit don't stink.

great post from pitt meadows...i am sure your two weekends a year in region three has way better insite than someone who lives on acreage in the mountains above kamloops..
    Last edited by walks with deer; 01-21-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Lol I don’t worry about the haters at all they are what they are, their point of view comes from lack of experience or knowledge. Any how I think if the weather holds the herds will be fine. Hopefully the hard crust doesn’t take its toll to badly. But that’s nature just have to work with it.

pauly...

do yourself phone the regional bioligist and ask him what he thinks....
    also maybe do a search effects of snowmobiles on winter range...there are many case studies...