Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Winter whitetail

Re: Winter whitetail

Pauly : Also of note a dead bull elk was discovered in the elephant hill fire

Pretty BIG area that fire ! More Specific Please - Thks RJ

Petros65 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Now that the mule deer are on the winter range I’ve taken to sledding into some whitetail areas to see how things are doing. So far I found plenty around Dardanelles lake area and the long lake road past Edith lake. Chris creek area is spotty has been for a few years now but they are still around. Laclejune area has quite a few scattered all over the place in pockets. Not many sightings around Roche this winter but they tend to yard in different areas. Anyway that’s some good scouting for next year. Mule deer winter range is occupied numbers don’t look half bad. Will be checking out heffely Louis creek area on the weekend maybe work my way over to Prichard area whitetail are doing good over that way but in pockets this year not so wide spread.

Thanks for the updates

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Pauly : Also of note a dead bull elk was discovered in the elephant hill fire

Pretty BIG area that fire ! More Specific Please - Thks RJ
    Highhume lake
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

Keep in mind I have no way of substantiating the claim. That being said my circle is a solid bunch of guys we’re serious about our hunting big time. So I’d venture to say it’s probably accurate but you never know.

Bad idea lol us locals would shoot them all of in a day! One day though it would be nice to see a hunt able population. The more we burn the better odds for the good elk habitat. We’re kinda protective about the small herds we do have around here. The ranchers hate them and will shoot them no questions asked. They are the real reason introductions have never been made. I hate cows  lol
    I mean a 6 pt or better only season...the elk will learn really fast....same as in reg 4 & 8.....
    Last edited by HarryToolips; 02-27-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Keep in mind I have no way of substantiating the claim. That being said my circle is a solid bunch of guys we’re serious about our hunting big time. So I’d venture to say it’s probably accurate but you never know.
    Ok thks RJ

tkelumps band has put a ban on elk hunting in there traditional territory..
    the fine is 10k.
    most local elk are shot by the dirty chase crew...and are persicuted.

so please again pauly why post the locations..
    of the elk? you want the. shot?

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    the fine is 10k.
    They can go phuck themselfs
    "Traditional territory" is still crown land and if theres an open season and you have a tag phuck them . They going to fine me or the next guy? Under what law ? Under what jurisdiction and court ? Phuck them . As for pualy saying areas where animals hide .... could send 20 guys into areas and they wont see shit anyways . On the other hand he coud be steering people in the wrong direction away from the actuall good spots! You never know . Like the saying goes... "i dont always tell people where i hunt, but when i do , its a lie" its the internet . You never know somebodys intent . Which ever it is it wont hurt anything ... right pualy!
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    the fine is 10k.
    most local elk are shot by the dirty chase crew...and are persicuted.

so please again pauly why post the locations..
    of the elk? you want the. shot?
    Who really cares it’s no secret to anyone around here if natives or anyone else wants to shoot them theirs nothing I can do. Peoples bad behaviour is their own. I remember some Italian guy shot a monster 6 point bull on private out Jameson cr lol dumb as thought it was a monster buck. Some natives are bad some are not same for white guys or any other creed for that matter. So I will continue on sharing info and whitetail spots ect. It’s good to promote a dying sport get kids out doing healthy things with family

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    They can go phuck themselfs
    "Traditional territory" is still crown land and if theres an open season and you have a tag phuck them . They going to fine me or the next guy? Under what law ? Under what jurisdiction and court ? Phuck them . As for pualy saying areas where animals hide .... could send 20 guys into areas and they wont see shit anyways . On the other hand he coud be steering people in the wrong direction away from the actuall good spots! You never know . Like the saying goes... "i dont always tell people where i hunt, but when i do , its a lie" its the internet . You never know somebodys intent . Which ever it is it wont hurt anything ... right pualy!
    I never bs except to protect my one killer whitetail spot and my killer mule deer spot those be mine lol I do get guys in my are but big deal it’s actually not mine it’s ours. I try to steer most everyone in the right general direction the rest is up to the hunter to figure the area out. Can’t learn much with someone holding your hand. My old man sent me into one of his spots I never knew about when I was 19 I came back empty handed no sign of nothing.. he told me I was doing something wrong and it was for me to figure out with a few pointers from him thrown in. So like I say help guys out in a general way the rest is up to us to figure out