Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter whitetail

Re: Winter whitetail

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Now that the mule deer are on the winter range I’ve taken to sledding into some whitetail areas to see how things are doing. So far I found plenty around Dardanelles lake area and the long lake road past Edith lake. Chris creek area is spotty has been for a few years now but they are still around. Laclejune area has quite a few scattered all over the place in pockets. Not many sightings around Roche this winter but they tend to yard in different areas. Anyway that’s some good scouting for next year. Mule deer winter range is occupied numbers don’t look half bad. Will be checking out heffely Louis creek area on the weekend maybe work my way over to Prichard area whitetail are doing good over that way but in pockets this year not so wide spread.
    What are you Jelvis re incarnate? Good thing my WT spot isn't on the list, would make me have to find a new spot! WT on long lake road to edith? Never have I seen them, but why aren't you coyote hunting the sage?
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

What about skuakum mnt, 8 mile rd, long lake rd, rossmoore lake, stump lake, bonepart, 70 mile, helmer rd,

are those any of your spots?

Who cares if someone writes your spot on the internet. White tails are no hidden unicorn. You can tell 80% of the people on there a white tail spot and they will go there, come back and tell you there’s no whiteys there.

ive got trophy bucks 1 min drive from my door , but have I ever seen a white tail in person near my house? Even a doe? Nope

Good whitetail behind Edith lake or hull lake. Unfortunately gate is locked now so it’s tough access but we come in the back way off the goose lake road and a few other roads up the highway. Back side of rossmoore lk has whitetail as well and the back side of the old laclejune burn has them. Surrey Sussex good whitetail at times first road to the left after you go under the highway.

Well I was out chasing bucks down on my sled today managed to grab a few by the horns and come away with some good sheds. I made some awesome predator highways into the deer range because they have to eat as well. But the best part of my weekend was chasing coyotes down on the ice and blasting them with my potato gun!!! Got some great fur and sold the meat to a local restaurant.. you anti hunters can’t accuse me of just shooting something for it’s fur!!! Next weekend I’m thinking of dynamiting some fish at one of the local lakes get my smoker fired up . Any how stay tuned for next weeks report .. how to poach moose with a 223 and a folding knife.

^^^^^lol.............

masking your true lack of respect for nature with sarcaismn..

Great work Pauly keep at it. All while pounding back a 24 of beer and 40oz of whiskey I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    masking your true lack of respect for nature with sarcaismn..
    You mean sarcasm? You spell like Donald trump does lol
    you should come hunting with me some time we can grab a 24 and drive around you can hop in the box of my truck and pound on the roof when you see something or anything we can shoot!!

okay better challenge for you...i am signed up for feb 20 trappers coure $450 dollars i will pay for half yours if you take the course and provide your accomadation if you take the course and use some of that energy on snares.

not kidding you want to sles around winter range lets kill some dogs...i got two on my wat home from the hospital saturday...on a sled trail...i will even show you some deer\moose pockets but lets kill dogs.