Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter whitetail

Winter whitetail

Now that the mule deer are on the winter range I’ve taken to sledding into some whitetail areas to see how things are doing. So far I found plenty around Dardanelles lake area and the long lake road past Edith lake. Chris creek area is spotty has been for a few years now but they are still around. Laclejune area has quite a few scattered all over the place in pockets. Not many sightings around Roche this winter but they tend to yard in different areas. Anyway that’s some good scouting for next year. Mule deer winter range is occupied numbers don’t look half bad. Will be checking out heffely Louis creek area on the weekend maybe work my way over to Prichard area whitetail are doing good over that way but in pockets this year not so wide spread.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Winter whitetail

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Now that the mule deer are on the winter range I’ve taken to sledding into some whitetail areas to see how things are doing. So far I found plenty around Dardanelles lake area and the long lake road past Edith lake. Chris creek area is spotty has been for a few years now but they are still around. Laclejune area has quite a few scattered all over the place in pockets. Not many sightings around Roche this winter but they tend to yard in different areas. Anyway that’s some good scouting for next year. Mule deer winter range is occupied numbers don’t look half bad. Will be checking out heffely Louis creek area on the weekend maybe work my way over to Prichard area whitetail are doing good over that way but in pockets this year not so wide spread.

Thanks for info.

sweet so your making paths for the predators to travel on...... the whitetails are having a hard go ...the snow is deep and the layer of ice has been cutting them..
    Last edited by willyqbc; 01-21-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    sweet so your making paths for the predators to travel on...you are a idiot... The whitetails are having a hard go you undereducated baffoon..the snow is deep and the layer of ice has been cutting them..
    ban snowmobiles!!!!

sweet so your making paths for the predators to travel on...you are a idiot... the whitetails are having a hard go you undereducated baffoon..the snow is deep and the layer of ice has been cutting them..
    someone sounds a little butt hurt. Did he disclose your favorite lake? lol

nope just sick of sledders opening up predator highways. very tough conditions for deer the last three weeks.

Please give more updates. Too many hunters in the areas that I hunt.

nope just sick of sledders opening up predator highways. very tough conditions for deer the last three weeks.
    Was going to mention the same thing, but it gets old listening to the responses from people that are not actually even out there and seeing what goes on.
    The same as in the predator thread Xlcc even mentions how hard it is for the ungulates in the deep snow yet he continues to skidoo all around breaking
    trails for the wolves, quit likely causing the death of more ungulates then he thinks he is saving by shooting a wolf, but all people see is how great it is
    that he shot a wolf.
    Humans are the biggest cause of the decline to our ungulate population.

Thanks for the update Pauly.
    Don’t forget to pack a gun for all those predators that are around.

sounds op has been riding through mule deer winter range aswell... congrats you can find some deer in febuary...making predator ice highways is not helping game.