Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Winter whitetail

Re: Winter whitetail

Quote Originally Posted by Muliechaser View Post
    They can go phuck themselfs
    "Traditional territory" is still crown land and if theres an open season and you have a tag phuck them . They going to fine me or the next guy? Under what law ? Under what jurisdiction and court ? Phuck them . As for pualy saying areas where animals hide .... could send 20 guys into areas and they wont see shit anyways . On the other hand he coud be steering people in the wrong direction away from the actuall good spots! You never know . Like the saying goes... "i dont always tell people where i hunt, but when i do , its a lie" its the internet . You never know somebodys intent . Which ever it is it wont hurt anything ... right pualy!
    lol there protecting the small isolated elk herds...thete is no gos

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    lol there protecting the small isolated elk herds...thete is no gos
    Hey sorry for the smart ass bear comment lol no hard feelings ok but you have to admit it was kind of funny.. any how I owe you a few free shots so fire away lol the moderators will just have to tolerate us lol
    You can crap in one hand and wish in the other and see which one fills up first

[QUOTE=walks with deer;2154179]tkelumps band has put a ban on elk hunting in there traditional territory..
    the fine is 10k.
    most local elk are shot by the dirty chase crew...and are persicuted.

There should be a BAN on the phucking tkelumps band of indians ! RJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Hey sorry for the smart ass bear comment lol no hard feelings ok but you have to admit it was kind of funny.. any how I owe you a few free shots so fire away lol the moderators will just have to tolerate us lol
    all good...jim there where elk in my yard last week 12 of them pretty awesome..

The last couple times out I've seen a lot of deer....30-40 mulies in a traditional muley winter range weekend before last, and last weekend saw 50-70 deer, in a couple square km, a good blend of WT and mulies, was nice to see..

Went to one of the areas that was mentioned earlier to retrieve a camera. Nasty walk there is about 8 inches of snow with a good crust that almost supported me. Saw a couple dozen whitetail. Beauty day to be out with the dogs

Took a drive to my favourite mule deer spot yesterday... had isolation fever really bad lol. Elevation is roughly 2400 feet. Generally at this time of year the lake in the valley is starting to open up and some green is poking through last year ice was off April 7. Not this year I should have brought my ice auger!! Lots of snow in areas yet .. saw only a few deer and found a few older kill sites. Looks like most the deer are still way down in the sage. So bear season is going to be late this year. However, warmer weather on the way. I think we may flood this year I’ve never seen April so cold in the loops.

Definitely a late spring but lower down there is a lot of deer, winter carryover seems to be good for both species from what I see...mule deer especially, they are doing very well from my observations, the one buck limit must be working maybe or were just blessed with winters that haven't been too harsh...thoughts and theories??

I’d say mild winter.. the one buck bag limit I’m sure is helping but after only one season I’d say it’s a bit to soon to see any substantial results. Funny thing though last year I hear of all this traffic in the loops on the back roads yet for me it was the quietest year I’ve seen in an age. Very little traffic in all but a few areas that I believe is a result of the one buck bag limit.. it’s working better on managing hunters than deer at this point. I did encounter lots of moose hunters in November but they were all road warriors

I was reading an article on whitetail round worm it’s very catchy and just deadly for moose if they pick it up apparently they just can’t cope with it at all .. very fatal to swamp donkey