Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flock of Flickers,,,,,do you like 'em?

Flock of Flickers,,,,,do you like 'em?

I just purchased a pack (6) of them, as opposed to a mojo because both the guys I hunt with have 1-2 mojos already. The F of F's aint cheap but I have a friend who's a hard core water fowler who's hunted with them and he says they definitely helped to attract the birds so I thought I'd do my part to help our chances by getting some.

The reviews on the original ones aren't great, not because they don't help to bring birds in because they do but because they often stop working due to water/moisture getting into the mechanism. As far as I know the company (Mojo) has rectified the problem. Sure hope so.

So you people who own them or have hunted with them as part of your decoy spread,,,,, what do you think of them?

https://youtu.be/L9MP_Dc1ZTQ

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Flock of Flickers,,,,,do you like 'em?

It doesn't sound like Mojo has released the new version yet. On their website for this item, it states they are still working on improving them

looks pretty awesome i would use them before...my first motion was a mallard drake decoy tied to a bungy with a string..poor mans jerk decoy..worked will for pond hunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacanuck View Post
    It doesn't sound like Mojo has released the new version yet. On their website for this item, it states they are still working on improving them
    Well, at least they're warranting them if they do quit working. Hopefully it won't happen to the ones I've got coming my way.

looked into them ....then lucky ducks went on sale and we run anywhere from 2 to 8...

The are an updated version of the Wing Things we used for years,they are different and used differently than Robos. We run 2 doz on certain hunts. no problems so far
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    The are an updated version of the Wing Things we used for years,they are different and used differently than Robos. We run 2 doz on certain hunts. no problems so far
    Have they just been used on field shoots, Jim? I would imagine there would be fewer mechanical break downs when used on land compared to water ,,,,but that's just a guess on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by ZacNap View Post
    looked into them ....then lucky ducks went on sale and we run anywhere from 2 to 8...
    I didn't know Lucky Duck made a spinner. Any issues with them when used on water?

Used for both field and water, no issues so far.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    I didn't know Lucky Duck made a spinner. Any issues with them when used on water?
    They make a waterproof one Lucky Duck HDI i put it ahead of the mojo spinners