Thread: 2020 Hunting And Fishing Play by Play

Threaded View

Re: 2020 Hunting And Fishing Play by Play

After dinner Saturday night, I got home late. So Sunday morning I decided to head out solo to a not so secret spot. Haven't hunted bears in the area for several years. I think I half assed hunted it 3 or 4 years ago. But mostly just headed out fishing/getting a load of firewood. So not so secret... Had a vehicle headed out every 3 kilometres or so. Seen some sign on a busy road, which is a good sign considering how much traffic there was. Finally I found a road I could head off on. It was a newer road... not even on google earth. Had a lot of country to overlook, but seen some logging equipment just over the ridge. So I left the area alone.

Headed to check out a lake I like to fish. Reminded me that I should probably take B-Rad in here. I think it's the right balance of decent enough sized fish for him and frequent enough.

Went and hunted beyond the lake because most of the heavy traffic ended there. I had seen mule deer (some ok bucks), a young bull and cow moose together which I thought was odd... but no bears. It wasn't until 1ish I had a nice cinnamon bear cross the road just 50 yards in front of me. Paused for a moment but not quite long enough for me to react. I figured if that bear was scared, there would be bigger bears around anyways. So I carried on for another couple kilometres and spotted this guy.

I lined up and hummed and hawed if I wanted him. Getting to the nitty gritty and I think I have 2 packs of bear stew meat left... but I let him walk and just watched him for a bit. Did some more exploring and spotted this guy
    Last edited by warnniklz; 06-15-2020 at 10:04 AM.