Thread: 2020 Hunting And Fishing Play by Play

Re: 2020 Hunting And Fishing Play by Play

Cariboo Seal Meal

Sea - Trout
    Air - Duck
    Land - Bear

Turned them into jalapeno poppers

This past Saturday I took the kid out to get his first buck.

I was humming and hawing about what to do for the long weekend. Thought about going to Smithers for a mountain goat hunt or possibly take another buddy or two on a deer hunt during any buck season in BC. Ended up taking buddy's 12 year old out to try and get him his first buck. being a the long weekend of any buck season, I thought it would be busy in the area we were headed. We got to the spot i wanted to hunt before daylight with no one else there. we spent 3 hours hunting the area. The young gun was starting to fall behind and drag his feet. We got back to the truck. I asked the young gun if we should go to my secret bear spot, secret whitetail spot or try a different spot. He wanted to go to my whitetail spot. He wanted to go to my whitetail spot...As we were relocating, the young gun had a little siesta. When he woke up I gave him a Rockstar. I told him he better be careful with it, as he may be too jittery if we see a buck. He informed me that even without it, he may be too jittery. We get to the spot. Sure as snuff... we spot a buck. We both lined up on him. I seen he was pretty unsteady. Told him to go prone if he can. Meanwhile I'm thinking "I should knock this deer over". I guess the young gun couldn't see him while prone. I was getting antsy as I thought the deer was going to bust. Then the young gun starts taking his time to set up his shooting sticks. I started to get nervous and seriously considered starting the trigger squeeze. To be fair the deer was facing us and only presented a frontal shot. I heard the signature of the kid's 7mm_08. The deer took a step back and then took off. but not in a big hurry. We gave it some time and went looking for blood. We were having a tough time picking up a blood trail. The kid found his tracks. I told him to stay put and went off in the direction of the deer. After only finding 1 patch of blood, I whistled the young gun to my spot. I got him to stand on the blood spot while I carried on. I ended up following the path of least resistance and... well

Last edited by warnniklz; 10-26-2020 at 02:07 PM.

I can see why you were getting an itchy trigger finger! Great buck for the kid!

Beauty buck!!!

Congrats to the Young Gun!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Beautiful buck what a toad.....

Great Buck, nice mass
    Congrats !!