Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Hunting And Fishing Play by Play

Re: 2020 Hunting And Fishing Play by Play

Great pics, love the alpine, cheers....

Took quite awhile to make any distance. Usually a lot of the green foliage is dry and crunchy by September... so if I clear it out now, I should have a good quiet walking path. May get tricky during archery season, but I'll figure that out then. Got 1 trailcam in a spot that it may get jacked. I don't think anyone will go into the one spot. The one pictured is where 3 trails converge into 1 and drop over the ledge into the creek bottom. So hopefully that plays out. Should get some more cameras, lost a couple to bears and whatnot during the spring.

Didn't see any deer yet, but I was pretty low to the ground most of the day.

Oh to be your age instead of 60. I look at alpine from a plane now. I do cover a lot of country on an atv and maybe I should pack a camera.
    First time out in the back country with shorts and work boots and I got a heap of poison ivy and some stinging nettle.
    Always carry a bic lighter.
    Chinese noodle doesn't taste as good dry. The powder sticks to your teeth. Freeze dried/de-hydrated stuff you just add water and keep it against your body to warm it up and chew. Those military meals with the heat pack, well my dog sniffed and walked away.
    A friend decided to just go with trailmix, nuts, twigs and granola. He had the runs so bad he had to go home.
    Keep up with the pix!! Tigrr in Horsefly.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

I've had a decent amount of freeze dry still dry. Not the worst thing. I actually enjoy stinging nettle... ??... but hate devils club.

Need help making a decision that won't effect my hunt at all. Just trying to decide which rifle to pack. I'm comfortable shooting them all. All of them will do the job just fine. Just not sure which one.

Vanessa:
    Browning x-bolt 325wsm. Stalker edition (black stock, blued barrel) Wearing a nice 3-9x40. Pushing 200 grain accubonds. Took the goat in my avatar with her.

Freya:
    Parker Hale 1100 chambered in the highly underrated classic... the 6.5x55. Spitting 140 grain accubonds with the aid of a Redfield revenge 4-12x40. My go-to rifle in pretty much every situation. (Side note: there's been trigger work done as it breaks cleanly... but has overtravel. Wondering how much to drop a trigger tech trigger into it.)

We have Selina:
    Weatherby Vanguard series 1. With a nice 3-9x40, 165 grain Hornady GMX monolithic bullets put shit through shit. Tranq also took his first goat with it. Now B-Rad's turn?

Selina's sister Dolly:
    Just like Selina, weatherby vanguard series one. But she's got a little more thicc in the chamber being a 300wm. Wears the same glasses as selina and tosses 165 grain federal trophy bondeds.

They all want to come... but only 1 can enjoy the trip

Last edited by warnniklz; 09-14-2020 at 09:03 AM.

Took Joe Rogan on his first trip to the mountains on his first ever backcountry/mountain goat hunt