Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell me about the Kifaru Tipi

Re: Tell me about the Kifaru Tipi

And how is it for space? I’m looking to be able to contain two guys fully. Cots, stove, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    And how is it for space? I’m looking to be able to contain two guys fully. Cots, stove, everything.
    The 6 man fits my family of 4 just perfect with space for gear and a couple of dogs. We just sleep on the ground without cots and we are short people. I would think the 8 man will have plenty of room for 2 guys and cots.

The 8 man would be good for 2 guys on cots and gear inside. Probably wouldn't want to do more than that or guys or gear would be touching the sides of the tipi (i'm talking regular sized people like me and not the Danas ).

Might be worthwhile looking into the seek outside lineup of tupis and tents as well. Stone glacier is also coming out with a basecamp stove tent that looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    The 8 man would be good for 2 guys on cots and gear inside. Probably wouldn't want to do more than that or guys or gear would be touching the sides of the tipi (i'm talking regular sized people like me and not the Danas ).
    Guys like you and Butcher are far from regular sized. I may be a hobbit but you guys are giants!

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Might be worthwhile looking into the seek outside lineup of tupis and tents as well. Stone glacier is also coming out with a basecamp stove tent that looks promising.
    Totally! When I bought my Kifaru, they were the only thing like that on the market at the time. Seek looks very good and I too have heard the rumours of Stone Glacier. Well worth a look into when you are forking over that high dollar for top notch gear.

Yes, I am going to be reading about these for a while before I pull the trigger.

Dana...

do you add tarps to sleep on? Or bivy sac? Does the ground stay dry inside the tipi during rain?

interested in tipis also, I’m taking a plunge into a tipi or wall tent myself. Wood heat is becoming a must.

I’m also looking at getting into a Tipi tent I slept in a Cimarron last year was so nice to have rooms specially when the bad weather came ar us hard. I’m looking at a tent from lite outdoorsmade in Canada price seems great.

http://www.liteoutdoors.com/product/...saAn8OEALw_wcB

https://luxe-hiking-gear.com/collections/all

this company just released some tipi and other tents compatible with a wood stove.

although I doubt the quality is that of seek outside and kifaru