Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: hunting with ear plugs

Re: hunting with ear plugs

Quote Originally Posted by BRrooster View Post
    No plugs when hunting, but plugs at the range or during sex.
    I don’t wear but plugs hunting or in the bedroom.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

No plugs when hunting, but plugs at the range or during sex.
    LOL You nailed it

Double up att the range.. foam plugs and muffs.

.22 for small game sometimes, mainly to set a good example for the kids.

7RM when hunting, every time I can I throw in foam plugs kept in several pockets. Taken a few shots unprotected and ears rang for hours after.

As said, it's cumulative damage. Every loud noise chips away at your hearing, lawnmowers, chainsaws, guns, ex-wives, they all take their toll.

I always use muffs at the range and purchased a pair of Walker Game ear digital ear buds for shotgun hunts. Only had them a couple of seasons, but seem to work well. I'm trying to save what hearing I have left.

I have used electronic muffs hunting for the past 2 years, I made the change after my ears were left ringing from taking 2 shots in a row at a bear. Have always doubled up at the range with plugs and muffs and have always worn at least electronic muffs for waterfowl. I have started taking hearing protection very seriously over the past few years, lawnmower and snowblower get muffs too.

I just bought a pair of ghost stryke electronic ear plugs. Tried them out walking around in soft snow and at range. Work great and bonus is that I'll hear Mr. Grizz or my hunting bud (my son) trying to sneak up on the old man. Also, I expect I'll be able to hear game making sounds that I overlooked before. They are a real advantage in many ways.
    aka...THE MOOSE WHISPERER

No plugs when hunting, butt plugs at the range or during sex.
    fixed it for you
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    I will always remember my PAL instructor having to essentially clear pressure in his ears by blowing his nose that was pinched closed with his fingers, because of shooting for so many years without ear protection. I can't imagine having to feel like you're constantly taking off from a plane and needing to release pressure in your ears.
    That's how I feel everyday now. Years and years, 1000's of rounds unprotected shooting. Now without hearing aids, there are no bugles, no gobbles, no howls. If I only knew then what I know now.

Being able to hear everything when I am on a walk or stock is very, very important .Target or just plinking ear protection is must.

I use a pair of these plugs they are a 2 stage hearing protection. If I'm out hunting in sxs I put on first stage of protection. when I fire my rifle I just push the button to change to second level of protection. I can shoot in first and does prevent my ears from getting rung.

https://www.westsidestores.ca/produc...e-ear-bud.html