Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: hunting with ear plugs

Re: hunting with ear plugs

I carry in ear plugs around my neck. If I have time I'll pop them in. Range or duck hunting I wear plugs or muffs. Sometimes both at the same time. I know too many people (including my dad) who are near deaf from not using ear protection. It's no joke.

[QUOTE=sames14;2145966]No offence but what the #@*!. Hopefully you are only taking or should only take one shot. If you are at the range then of course you should wear GOOD ear protection. Hiking in the bush i would not be wearing ear protection or have to worry about missing an opportunity because i have to get my ear plugs in. If you are that worried then buy a bow but then that would probably be to loud according to the " EPA". Ear Protection Act that someone will start after reading this.[/QU

I thought like that from 12 to 40.

Now I'm deaf in one ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthumbed View Post
    Plugs around my neck. Pop them in when there's action. Easy and painless.
    Same.....takes 2 seconds. But not when calling in elk or if jump something still hunting and time doesn’t permit.

Well MichelD you must of taken alot of animals. I am 61, have taken my share, shoot a 338 wm and 300 wm both with muzzle brakes, my old favourite 06 (no brake) and 12 gauge semi auto for birds and I have no hearing loss. (unless it's the wife talking). Target or preseason gun check I always wore and still wear good protection.

No bloody way I'm shooting a gun with out hearing protection.

Of coarse there is the odd circumstance

Since I started hunting 6 seasons ago, always have used these.

Highly recommend!

https://www.cabelas.ca/product/10966...ectronic-muffs
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Remember it is wearing while hunting. I wonder if you are wearing these if you could hear an Elk bugle back to your call when he is a mile away and faint? Just an honest question. I have been calling Elk back and forth and then all of a sudden for some reason you turn and there is a big 6 pt looking at you from 50 yards. I wear a similar set for target but never while hunting or tried to hear anything from a distance. Other than ear protection I think they are only good for talking back and forth at a close proximity.

shooting targets of course...shooting game..i would argue its almost dangerous..to wear plugs.

i got a custom pair from the ear clinic in Squamish. I really like them at the range but they are too much for hunting, slow to screw into my ear and they cancel a lot of noise.

I like the idea of the horseshoe ones. They don't fit as well as custom but anything helps and for a shot or three I think it would really help reduce the damage.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

just use regular plugs that hang around your neck i shoot a braked .300wsm with a 20" barrel...shes ignorant.
    but anything smaller than a unbraked 30.06 i probably wouldnt throw in plugs for 1 shot

Only use them at the range