Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: hunting with ear plugs

Re: hunting with ear plugs

A pair of the electronic in-ear plugs is on my (eventual) shopping list. I'd wear those near constantly.

A very just reason for silencers. In parts of Europe and I believe Alaska and some states they are allowed.

My last two Mulies I shot, I heard them before I actually saw them.

I don't use earplugs when hunting, not yet anyways. I think I lost some hearing in the 80s and 90s with all those rock concerts I've been too.

I wear plugs and muffs for all shooting except the several shots a year at big game I may be lucky enough to get. I absolutely understand that I am potentially degrading my hearing with these shots. The three shots I took to drop my moose this year left my ears ringing for sure.

I smoke drum tobacco only when i am hunting. Also a poor health choice, but once in a while a guy has to “let er rip”

For deer, when I am (ideally) only firing one, maybe two shots, I don't bother. Maybe that's because I am young and stupid, but I also like to hear my surroundings and my in-ear electronics don't have the ability to cancel out the noise of wind for those all day hikes.

I do however, wear them 100% when waterfowl hunting. Blasting 3 3.5" high brass loads at a time without protection is about as good an idea as going without protection in a Vietnamese brothel.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuritau View Post
    A pair of the electronic in-ear plugs is on my (eventual) shopping list. I'd wear those near constantly.
    I'd recommend shelling out for the really fancy ones with the wind cancelation feature. Super annoying in mine and half the reason I don't wear them deer hunting.

I never did, but now, if I was duck hunting I would wear them. Deer, moose, etc....no. I do like those one's that appear to be on a horse shoe thing and sit nice on your neck. But in reality, when you bust that buck, the last thing I'll be thinking about is ear plugs.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

No offence but what the #@*!. Hopefully you are only taking or should only take one shot. If you are at the range then of course you should wear GOOD ear protection. Hiking in the bush i would not be wearing ear protection or have to worry about missing an opportunity because i have to get my ear plugs in. If you are that worried then buy a bow but then that would probably be to loud according to the " EPA". Ear Protection Act that someone will start after reading this.

Hunting no. Any type of target shooting yes, even a .22. I use the custom moulded hearing protection there relatively cheap and very comfortable
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

Plugs around my neck. Pop them in when there's action. Easy and painless.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I have used the regular plugs as well as the horseshoe type. Horseshoe type is super fast, and I get to hear the animals coming way before my deaf hunting partners ��
    Hunt, Enjoy, Repeat