Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/2020 Predator Thread

2019/2020 Predator Thread

We can’t agree on much these days but we should be able to agree on at least making an effort to reduce some preds where we can.

Only one yote down for me so far and it was an incidental kill when hunting mulies in Nov.

With the cold weather on its way, it should be a good time to dig my meatcicle out of the deep freeze.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2019/2020 Predator Thread

cold weather is coming...i was chasing a big kitty around last night.

really deep snow up here right know.

I agree, let's do our part to hammer preds...

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    cold weather is coming...i was chasing a big kitty around last night.

really deep snow up here right know.
    Why at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    We can’t agree on much these days but we should be able to agree on at least making an effort to reduce some preds where we can.

Only one yote down for me so far and it was an incidental kill when hunting mulies in Nov.

With the cold weather on its way, it should be a good time to dig my meatcicle out of the deep freeze.

SSS
    i look at my calls now and again, lots of snow here. Gonna get cold. Football playoffs. Hard to get motivated

I was out today with a buddy looking for wolves.We found 1 lone track then later in the morning found 3 more travelling together.
    Set up and tried some calling.No luck.
    We tried another road above where we tried calling and found 4 more together on the move.We were riding our sleds slowly up an old logging road when we came across these 4.They were coming toward us then turned around.Fairly fresh tracks.It was snowing a bit so was hard to tell.
    I think what happened when first tried calling the 4 were going along the road above where we were calling,heard the calling then turned around to investigate.
    The snow is a few feet deep and the game has a hard time getting around.We didn't wait long enough and moved before the 4 wolves could get to our location.We stayed at our calling spot for about an hour.
    Later we circled around trying to pick up their tracks and they came out of the bush on the road near where we first called.
    We also saw a very large fresh cougar track early in the morning.Saw many moose and deer tracks as well as one elk track.

Hmmm, maybe the return of the HBC predator contest? I'm sure we can get a few prizes together.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

I've made two stands, no action yet.

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Why at night.
    Because its a predator . who cares how you kill it.lol

The kid and I knocked over 3 yotes this fall just as incidentals while hunting mulies. Been out calling a couple times so far, but haven't called anything in yet.
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson