Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuiu storm star and mountain star

Re: Kuiu storm star and mountain star

i have the new msr hubba hubba 2P tent and used it on a 13 day sheep hunt this year. tight for 2 guys but it worked flawlessly in the 4 days of straight down pour we had. i was considering the kuiu tent but went with the hubba hubba and dont regret it.
    stone glacier also has a nice tent!

I will continue doing research in the internet. Other then the higher weight I’m looking really hard at the hilleberg nallo3 gt. It’s a bit heavier but a good amount of room for 2 guys. It’s pretty pricey but I’m sure the first bad storm I will be glad I spent the money. Anyone use the Nallo 3 gt?

I've had the Nallo 3 GT, for 5 years. For two people sleeping portion is just right, wouldn't want to try with three. Vestibule has room for boots, rifles some gear and a place for the dog to sleep. Breakfast often gets cooked in the vestibule. Backpacks are covered up outside the tent. Low head room due to tent profile, but helps it buck the wind. I have had it in late fall, "dewey" conditions, where there was not enough airflow to overcome condensation inside tent walls. Have been lucky enough not to have to endure serious prolonged downpours in the tent, just storms passing through overnight. No leakage issues to report. It is a heavier tent for backpacking, but it is a solid tent, I have no regrets buying it.

What about the stone glacier tents? Anybody use Them and have good luck?