Thread: Valemount or Golden area for weekend getaway ice fishing ?

Valemount or Golden area for weekend getaway ice fishing ?

Ideally I’d like to get into Burbot and whitefish as they are delicious but I’ll accept bull trout or Kokanee as well, not big on rainbows but if the options are slim they will suffice.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Valemount or Golden area for weekend getaway ice fishing ?

Where you gonna fish valemount? Kinbasket? Good brookies in Shere lake.

I wouldn't go out on the ice at Kinbasket Lake at this time.There is open water at the marina.

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    I wouldn't go out on the ice at Kinbasket Lake at this time.There is open water at the marina.
    well that’s something I wouldn’t have expected. Fishing local lakes we are at 6-8” of ice minimum and we have been balmy and warm most days. A couple breaking ten ! Forecast up that way looked much much colder than it’s been here, was actually thinking I may need an August extension. HMMM.

this is why I ask I guess.

Kokanee fishing is good on Hathaway right now I hear. Lakers in bridge and deka too. Closer to home for you.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Kokanee fishing is good on Hathaway right now I hear. Lakers in bridge and deka too. Closer to home for you.
    Close to home doesn’t help me this weekend actually, I sold something to someone from Alberta and I’m meeting them, either valemount or golden area would be mid point for them depending which I’d prefer, so I’m trying to incorporate some fishing into the weekend that I can’t do close to home, ling, white fish, bull trout and Kokanee (those are close to home but delicious none the less )

I’m at my freezer limit for rainbows for my girlfriend and myself currently so new targets have to be acquired.

Ah I see. Well like I said before, shere lake is close to valemount. It’s stocked with brook trout. In kind of a cool spot.