Thread: Draconian Response from DFO

Thumbs down Draconian Response from DFO

UnReal!!

The fellow who tossed a seal bomb at a herd of sea lions who were staging, awaiting the set of the rig's net, did nothing that hasn't been done countless thousands of times on our West Coast. Recognized as a non-lethal deterrent, DFO actually handed these things out and promoted their use for decades.

Time have apparently changed...

Although no sea lions were injured in this action, DFO decided to charge the fellow anyway. They are demanding a $ 10,000.00 fine, and a ban from commercial fishing for three years. Insanity at it's finest! This, for doing exactly what DFO itself promoted.

Government over-reach and over-reaction - catering to the whines of the anti's yet again. ZERO common sense, and they now want to strip this man's livelihood away?

Whomever advised for those charges should be immediately fired.
    At a time when there is a growing mistrust of DFO on our coast, you'd think they'd put a little more thought towards any action that further promotes that!

Disgusted!!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Draconian Response from DFO

That's BS alright.

Hopefully he can dispute it?

Arrow Re: Draconian Response from DFO

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    That's BS alright.

Hopefully he can dispute it?
    That's the Plan. I am advising a Go Fund Me page asap.

Pissed,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

If this was the east coast the DFO guy would get shit pounded out of him the next time he went out to the pub and he would learn his lesson and not do anything so stupid again west coast fisherman seem to be a little to nice for there own good.

guest Guest

No surprise here with the bafoonery of our DFO and both Fed and Prov Government. Its become sickening.