Thread: Avian bird laser

Hybrid View

Avian bird laser

Out hunting yesterday in Delta in late afternoon and came upon a green laser bird dissuader.The laser rotates in an erratic pattern covering both the field and into the sky to a certain angle but is constantly moving and shutting off and on.I was quite amazed that such a device existed and this farmer had 2 for both his fields.It must work as I was there 10 days before and had a limit in a pretty quick time frame but yesterday only 2.Was concerned about getting hit in the eyes which didn't happen but it is close to boundary bay airport wondering how the small plane pilots would feel.Anybody else seen these?I have a video I will try and post.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Avian bird laser

I saw one of those couple days ago and couldn't figure out what it was, thanks for the heads up! K

I was talking to a farmer buddy about it yesterday and he said there's a few few Blueberry guys using them and now a couple of the dairy guys are experimenting with them to keep the birds from foraging their cover crops. Apparently there's also some that really aren't visible to the human eye but the birds see them very well. K

They have been using those at Roberts Roost RV Park on Dragon Lake for years, they definitely work in keeping the Goose away from the park at night!