Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Letter Suggestions re: BC Hunting Restriction Proposals

Re: Letter Suggestions re: BC Hunting Restriction Proposals

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Out of the loop on this proposal Piper but it seems by what Matt posted it was brought forth by South Skeena GO’s and a local R & G club......maybe they’ve got a bit more hand on feel for what’s going on with local moose than someone that lives on the “Rock”.
    It’ll be interesting what CI reporting shows.
    Well coming from the Guide know it all, maybe i will see you up at the cabin next week when i am pred hunting there, i spend at least 4 months a year in the bush up there, have a dozen cams 12 months a year there, how much time you spend there. You are probably to busy making money guiding as i hear it is tough to do ranching for you As for GO's knowing it all, maybe ask you buddy Stewart when he got the area in 7 a few years back why the first thing he did was apply for more moose tags, if he had a clue about what was going on there he would have know that area was on of the first to tank for moose, but nooooo he wanted more which the tax payers had to pony while the govt spent the money to address his request, shit and at the same time he was selling his moose tags to Dales kids for in 5-13 for $150 because he couldn't fill them, you guys related??
    Last edited by Piperdown; 01-12-2020 at 07:25 AM.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    Bearvalley maybe its just because thr GO thinks he should get the moose and not the rest of BC residents!!!!
    You know Onesock.....time is better spent working to make more wildlife and that we still can hunt in the future than its is getting in a piss & moan contest over crap like this!
    First...Onesock is likely right....and second, many are not convinced that making more game is even in the plans for this government, and it will have very little influence whether there is a hunting future for the resident hunter in this province.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Well coming from the Guide know it all, maybe i will see you up at the cabin next week when i am pred hunting there, i spend at least 4 months a year in the bush up there, have a dozen cams 12 months a year there, how much time you spend there. You are probably to busy making money guiding as i hear it is tough to do ranching for you As for GO's knowing it all, maybe ask you buddy Stewart when he got the area in 7 a few years back why the first thing he did was apply for more moose tags, if he had a clue about what was going on there he would have know that area was on of the first to tank for moose, but nooooo he wanted more which the tax payers had to pony while the govt spent the money to address his request, shit and at the same time he was selling his moose tags to Dales kids for in 5-13 for $150 because he couldn't fill them, you guys related??
    You & I seem to have a major personal problem considering we’ve never met.

In case your comprehensive skills missed it, I stated that I was out of the loop on this proposal and believe that the regulation change was brought forth by the GO and a R & G club.

Why don’t you fill us in more?
    Hows the moose population there’s?
    Are you seeing lots on your game cams?

Hope your predator huntings a success....I wouldn’t want to see a guy freezing his ass off in -30 temps for nothing.
    Maybe post up your wolf kills so we can see?

But then again, at -30 the transition from the “Rock” to the interior might be a bit rough and the cabin walls more comforting.

By the way Stewart and I aren’t real buddies....but good on him if he can find someone dumb enough to pay $150 for a moose tag....from all the crying out that way it’s like getting paid for a ghost.
    But then Dales kids probably won’t have a problem digging up a bull....hell family members have eaten moose out there for years....kind of the shits that modern times makes them buy tags tho......go figure.

Hey Piper, I’m probably even worse than Stewart....I gave away a moose tag, license, guide, transportation all included.....why.....to go towards funding 1campfire.
    Wasn’t an unfilled tag...in fact the hunt takes place in 2021...this year is booked to the nuts.
    Maybe I should have just got my 150 bucks?
    i could have bought some beer, turned on the hockey game, fired up the iPad and gone into HBC mode!

Anyhow....back to the hunt....
    The moose hunt sells next week at WSF’s auction....all proceeds 100% donated....maybe you’d like to match its value dollar for dollar?
    That could be the Piperdown contribution to “resident hunter heritage”.
    A real investment instead of social media mouthpiece BS.

If you want to keep up on the rancher slags based on “bullshit” you say you’ve heard from Dale....that can go 2 ways.
    Maybe run it by him and see if that can of worms wants to get opened.
    Last edited by bearvalley; 01-12-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    First...Onesock is likely right....and second, many are not convinced that making more game is even in the plans for this government, and it will have very little influence whether there is a hunting future for the resident hunter in this province.
    He could be right.
    That said, you’re right, government is the problem...so maybe a united effort to hold them to responsible wildlife management will go a lot farther that chipping away at each other on petty issues.
    Theres a lot of complaining goes on here....but the ones doing a lot of it never seem to be in attendance at meetings that lead up to proposals like this coming forth.

You & I seem to have a major personal problem considering we’ve never met.

In case your comprehensive skills missed it, I stated that I was out of the loop on this proposal and believe that the regulation change was brought forth by the GO and a R & G club.

Why don’t you fill us in more?
    Hows the moose population there’s?
    Are you seeing lots on your game cams?
    Moose population at the cabin is very stable this year was the best i have seen in years, good cow calf recruitment. Seeing lots of game on cams, bear numbers are through the roof, getting more grizz on the cams and the whitetail population is growing fast, which i think is hurting the mulies

Hope your predator huntings a success....I wouldn’t want to see a guy freezing his ass off in -30 temps for nothing.
    Maybe post up your wolf kills so we can see
    Since targeting preds about 5 years ago, only 1 wolf down, 12 yotes and now at the cabin anyone who wants to hunt there must buy bear tags and they have harvested 8 in the last 4 years. I must admit the wolves are a hard animal to hunt, i could just stay home save some cash, hell even go on a holiday somewhere hot but i have chosen to go try my best to do my part, would really like to see how many you have gotten this year as you are there every day

But then again, at -30 the transition from the “Rock” to the interior might be a bit rough and the cabin walls more comforting.
    I have thick skin in case you haven't noticed
    By the way Stewart and I aren’t real buddies....but good on him if he can find someone dumb enough to pay $150 for a moose tag....from all the crying out that way it’s like getting paid for a ghost.
    But then Dales kids probably won’t have a problem digging up a bull....hell family members have eaten moose out there for years....kind of the shits that modern times makes them buy tags tho......go figure.Well Dales area still holds a healthy population of moose, buddies had 2 group draws 2 years ago, 4 bulls harvested and many more seen. As for buying tags for $150 bucks that's a steel when you don't get any draws, what is not good is an outfitter selling his tags for dirt cheap because he can't get people to use his service, might be time to close up shop.
    Hey Piper, I’m probably even worse than Stewart....I gave away a moose tag, license, guide, transportation all included.....why.....to go towards funding 1campfire.
    Wasn’t an unfilled tag...in fact the hunt takes place in 2021...this year is booked to the nuts.
    Good on you, glad you will be raping and pilaging a resorce that is in such decline
    Maybe I should have just got my 150 bucks?
    i could have bought some beer, turned on the hockey game, fired up the iPad and gone into HBC mode!
    Not a bad idea hope you don't cheer for the Canucks

Anyhow....back to the hunt....
    The moose hunt sells next week at WSF’s auction....all proceeds 100% donated....maybe you’d like to match its value dollar for dollar?
    That could be the Piperdown contribution to “resident hunter heritage”.
    A real investment instead of social media mouthpiece BS.
    Well considering that my trips to the cabin cost me at least 10 grand a year to the local economies, plus the purchase of the 80 acres and the cost of the cabin, i think i do donate a lot to the industry
    If you want to keep up on the rancher slags based on “bullshit” you say you’ve heard from Dale....that can go 2 ways.
    Maybe run it by him and see if that can of worms wants to get opened.
    For what i have seen when Dale was running cattle he ran a top notch outfit, top dollar for his cattle and he wasn't the only one to talk about ranching(bullshit) skills, said your father was an excellent rancher.
    Any other questions fell free to ask

Last edited by Piperdown; 01-12-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Piperdown....it looks to me like your buddy spends a lot of time sitting on his ass in his mommy’s coffee shop peddling gossip.
    For a guy I haven’t seen in 20+ years and has never been on my ranch he’s a definite bundle of knowledge.
    Carry on Piper.....LMAO!

Piperdown....it looks to me like your buddy spends a lot of time sitting on his ass in his mommy’s coffee shop peddling gossip.
    For a guy I haven’t seen in 20+ years and has never been on my ranch he’s a definite bundle of knowledge.
    Carry on Piper.....LMAO!
    Little Mikey please try to keep this thread on track, did i answer all of your questions good enough, if not please ask and i will try my best. Maybe even give a rookie wolf hunter like myself a few tips from your vast bank of knowledge being such a top notch guide, remember more dead wolves are a good thing. Seems i hit a nerve, don't roast Dale he wasn't alone in his observation, so looking forward to you recent wolf pictures. Now get off the computer you have some hungry cattle to feed.
    Last edited by Piperdown; 01-13-2020 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Little Mikey please try to keep this thread on track, did i answer all of your questions good enough, if not please ask and i will try my best. Maybe even give a rookie wolf hunter like myself a few tips from your vast bank of knowledge being such a top notch guide, remember more dead wolves are a good thing. Seems i hit a nerve, don't roast Dale he wasn't alone in his observation, so looking forward to you recent wolf pictures. Now get off the computer you have some hungry cattle to feed.
    Piperdown....why don’t you give me a call....when you’re headed north or on your way back to the “Rock”....I’ll give you a ranch tour and maybe even a few tips on killing wolves.
    Bring Dale along....maybe he’ll know what he’s talking about if he sees it first hand.
    I’m real curious if you’re as mouthy in person as you are on here.
    Usually guys aren’t.
    By the way.....already throwing out hay...the cows need lots when it’s -31
    The wonderful thing about and iPhone is you can banter with clowns like you anywhere, anytime, as long as there’s cell service.
    Maybe crawl your ass out of bed....the wolves at your cabin are waiting for you....but shit man, at 10K a year for expenses and only 1 wolf and 12 yotes over 5 years, that’s a pretty poor return.
    Stop in Vanderhoof on your way thru....look up Paul Trepus....there way a thread on here recently where he killed almost that many in a day.
    You’re good Mike...real good!

Extremely well written letter. Very factual, well structured, very professional. We need more of these....

Geez that thread escalated fast