Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheep / goat LEH - 2019

Re: Sheep / goat LEH - 2019

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    My reg 3 Goat hunt was a success in my books.

Wicked country wicked experience where these Beasts the colour of Winter make their home.

No we didnt harvest, but spent 3 plus days with 2 Bills one Im pretty sure was over 10 inches. A Dandy. We hoped and waited
    for the bigger Bill to get into a shootable spot. Didnt happen. Oh well not going to die trying.

This was also my wifes 1st goat hunt. Boy did she get her eyes opened up to Alpine country. Plus she loved it. Hats off to her.shes hunted Sheep and deer in alpine too, but not the places these two Billys hung out. Ugly ugly steep.

Our issue was with possibly not being able to retrieve the critter or die trying.

Crazy places us flat feet folks are not meant go. Wow.

We hoped we could locate a good billy in a few places weve harvested them before without cashin in your chips trying.

Oh well, life moves on we get older, cant go like we used too, bad knees health lol...... Ya all these things kept me from pulling the trigger but WOW how terrific to spend time with the mountain monarchs.
    Nice

I had a reg 3 goat LEH but did not fill. Wasn't gonna shoot a juvenile. In the first 3 days of season I saw 3 billies taken out of that zone. Therefore, I am happy I did not pull the trigger on a young billy.

this one was shot by our member "avidnwoutdoorsman" and sent to me a while back. i forgot to upload it.
    Story is, he got this billy out of reg 3 on his first ever goat hunt, on the first ever day!

I will take credit for suggesting he come in from the North and NOT from the South due to access issues.
    Was glad to see him fill it!

I have always wanted to harvest one from 3-16 but hard to find to go with me on the crazy terrain...there is goats there!

Quote Originally Posted by bangbangkhan View Post
    I have always wanted to harvest one from 3-16 but hard to find to go with me on the crazy terrain...there is goats there!
    harder to draw a tag than find company. lol.

3-16, 3-33, 3-32, 3-15 .... good goat populations in all!

Thanks for getting the picture up. It was quite the adventure and there was some good fortune in spotting, stocking, and harvesting a goat on the first day in the Unit. Lots and lots of work went into planning the hunt. Did one drive by in the summer evaluating a southerly entry but the best way by far into the unit was from the North....well west. Looking forward to this season. Memory of a lifetime right there. Thank you to the individuals that helped. What I will say is there is little information on that sub-unit, access is tough (5mi and 3000' to take your first step from the truck), and if someone draws that tag I'll be sure to help.

I’d share some pictures but I can’t get it to work for my life

Send me a PM I will help you